CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Faculty for Post-Graduate Courses in Biostatistics, Data Science and Allied Health
· Research Supervisor for MSc Biostatistics and MSc Data Science Student Projects
· Placement Co-ordinator for the Department of Data Science and Member, Career Counselling Cell, Prasanna School of Public Health
· Editorial Coordinator and Social Media Coordinator for Prasanna School of Public Health
· Resource Person for Workshops in the Department
· Resource Person for Certificate Course in Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Methodology offered by the Department of Data Science
· Examiner for various UG/PG Programmes of the Department of Data Science and other constituent units of MAHE
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Applied Multivariate Analysis||MBS 601||MSc (Biostatistics)- Year I|
|Multivariate Methods for Machine Learning||MDS 601||MSc (Data Science)- Year I|
|Nursing Research and Statistics||MSN 604||MSc (Nursing)- Year I|
|Design and Analysis of Experiments||MDS 508||MSc (Data Science)- Year I|
|Design and Analysis of Clinical Experiments||MBS 508.4||MSc (Biostatistics)- Year I|
|Biostatistics and Mathematics||MSB 103||MSc(Systems Biology)-Semester I|
|Biostatistics (Theory and Practicals in EZR)||BBT 303||BSc Biotechnology- Semester V|
|Research Methodology (Part B: Biostatistics)||RM 801||MPhil (Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Biology)|
|Part B (Biostatistics) of Laboratory Methodologies, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Ethics||RM 403||MSc (Stem Cell Technology and Regenerative Biology)-Semester I|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|National Eligibility Test (NET)||Population Studies||University Grants Commission||July 2019|
|MSc||Statistics||University of Madras (Loyola College, Chennai)||2012|
|BSc Computer Applications||Triple Major in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala||2010|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Assistant Professor||July 2019 Onwards|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Research
Research Interests: Applied Statistics, Multivariate Analysis and Data Mining
Micro-Raman spectroscopy analysis of optically trapped erythrocytes in jaundice.
Estimation of parameters in a finite mixture of multivariate gamma distributions using Gaussian approximation.
Sri Lankan Journal of Applied Statistics. 17(3): 187–200.
Parameter Estimation in Gamma Mixture Model Using Normal-based Approximation.
Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 15(1):25-35.
Three-parameter Gamma distribution: Estimation using likelihood, spacings and least squares approach.
Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, 19(1): 37-53.
On the use of Least Squares, Likelihood and Spacings in estimating the parameters of Generalized Gamma Distribution.
In Statistical Modelling and Analysis Techniques, 83-92. Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India.
Parameter Estimation in Multivariate Gamma Distribution.
Statistics, Optimization and Information Computing, 3(2): 147-159.
Clean Campus-Safe Campus
2015 Vani Lakshmi R
Suraksha (Published by National Safety Council-Kerala Chapter), 37(2): 26-28.
Women Safety: A Behavioral Safety Perspective
2015 Vani Lakshmi R
Suraksha (Published by National Safety Council-Kerala Chapter), 36(2): 32-35.