CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organises rural exposure camps.
- Conducts research studies and writing reports.
- Assists in organising study tours for second year specialisation students.
- Assists in Mid-course placements for students.
- Guides student research projects.
- Facilitates students to present papers in seminars.
- Mentors student support programs.
Ida D Souza K is Senior Grade Lecturer in the Department of Public Health.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Social Work Profession: History and Ideologies||MSW-601||First Semester|
|Social Science Perspectives for Social Work||MSW-605||First Semester|
|Community Organisation and Social Action||MSW-604||Second Semester|
|Social Welfare Administration and Legislation||MSW-608||Second Semester|
|Social Work Practicum, Practical||MSW-609, MSW-610||First and Second Semester|
|Research Project||MSW-627||Third Semester|
|Project Planning, Management and Evaluation||MSW-622||Fourth Semester|
|Urban Community & Development||MSW 626.03||Fourth Semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MSW||Social Work||Mangalore University||1989|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Public Health||Senior Grade Lecturer||2009-Present|
|St Aloysius College, Mangalore||HOD & Lecturer||Responsible for setting up the department with library, field placements, conferences, seminars, Chief Editor of college journal, BOS /BOE Member, consultancy to local NGOs network||2001-2009|
|Roshni Nilaya, School of Social Work (Autonomous), Mangalore||Part Time Lecturer/ practitioner (Part time)||Teaching, Field work Guidance||1998-2000|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Child protection system, understanding adolescence, women empowerment, democracy and civil society, higher education, project proposal writing, research methodology, group work skills , developmental ideologies professional social work
Area of Expertise
Child protection system , women empowerment, social work education, research skills
Area of Research
Child protection system, women empowerment, right to fundamental education
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Executive Body Member of SERFAC (Service & Research Institute for Family and Children) Chennai.\
- Joint Coordinating Committee Member of SERFAC & IGNOU, Chennai.
- District Planning Committee Member (UDUPI District Vision 2020).
- Member of Karnataka Association of Professional Social Workers.
- Member of National Association of Professional Social Workers In India (NAPSWI)
- Member of NGO Forum Mangalore
- Member of Karnataka State Trainers Collective
|PADI-Valored, Lower Bendore, Mangalore||Founding Member & Coordinator||1993-1996|
|Janavahin Daily, Baikampady, Mangalore||Sub-Editor||1997|
|Shramik Abhivridhi Sangh Jana Jagaran Camp, Belgaum, Karnataka||Training Coordinator||1991-1992|
|Total Literacy Campaign, Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka State Government project||City Coordinator, Mangalore City Corporation||1990-1991|
|All Karnataka Siddi Tribal development Project, Yellapua, North Kanara District||MSW internship, Women Coordinator||1989-1990|
Study on attributes of employees of generation x and generation y in the Manipal Group.
2012, Shikha Duggar, II Year MSW student (PG). There is no significant difference between generation X and generation Y but a deeper study can help to identify the attributes systematically among these generations.