CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully completed research projects under ICMR & ICSSR.
- Teaches & guides PG students in pursuing their Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) & completing their thesis.
- Teaches Social & Cultural Perspectives on health to undergraduate Medical students at MMMC.
- Has conducted Project through CSR collaborating with leading corporates & industries.
- Is a guide for PhD Scholars in Social Work Program.
- Prepares Syllabus in consultation with experts.
- Coordinates and organises field work practicum for MSW PG students in various governmental and non-governmental organisations and hospital settings to broaden the students’ understanding and to expose them for practical training.
- Facilitates students from international universities every year for the Symposium organised by the department.
- Is Member of Board of Studies, guiding research.
- Guides students in their research projects.
- Is Co- investigator in research projects funded by ICMR .
- Is involved in Teaching, Lesson Planning and Syllabus revision.
- Guides Students for research Dissertation.
- Supervises for Students Internship.
- Guides students for Field work practicum.
- Conducts industrial exposure visit to various organization
She is an Associate Professor and Coordinator of the MSW Program in the Prasanna School of Public Health at Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Introduction to social case work and group work (MSW)||MSW 603||Year I|
|Human Growth and Development (Shared)||MSW 607||Year I|
|Advanced Social case work and group work||MSW 602||Year I|
|Social Work Research and Social Statistics||MSW 606||Year I|
|Medical Social Work||MSW 627.02||Year I|
|Social Work & Public Health||MSW 626.02||Year I|
|Research Project||MSW 628||Year II|
|Field Work Practicum||Year I, Year II|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Medical and Psychiatric Social Work||MAHE, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||2006|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Community Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Medical Social Work||20 Years|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Adolescent health, MCH, Elderly
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Adolescent health, Elderly
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Best Paper Presentation was awarded for the paper on “HIV/AIDS Education for Adolescents- An experiment in a rural setting” at the Silver Jubilee National Conference of the Indian Society for Medical Statistics held at Manipal during Dec 2007.
- Indian Association of Social Sciences in Health (IASSH).
- Indian Society of Professional Social Work (ISPSW).
A study on knowledge and practices regarding menstrual hygiene among rural and urban adolescent girls in Udupi Taluk, Manipal.
India, Global Journal Of Medicine and Public Health, Vol 2, Issue 4.
A study on risk factors of breast cancer among patients attending the tertiary hospital in Udupi District.
2013-01-01 Ramachandra Kamath Kamaleshwar S Mahajan TS Sanal
Indian Journal of Community Medicine, Vol 38 Issue 2.
Reproductive Health Needs of Rural adolescents girls - A qualitative study.
2012-01-01 Kamath A
Professional Social Work - Research Perspectives, Authorspress Publishers, Pg 63-71.
Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives on health by Infosys Foundation.
Authorspress Publishers, 2012, Pg 12-22.
Are we grooming the right kind of Social Work.
2012-01-01 Sebastin K V
2012, Professional Social Work Education: Emerging Perspectives, Authorspress Publishers, Pg 119-126.
Effectiveness of Reproductive Health Education in Adolescent, Rural School Girls of Udupi Taluk, Karnataka.
2010-01-01 N Sreekumaran Nair Veena Kamath Asha Kamath A Barua
JIMSA, Vol 23 Issue 4, RSP Rao.
Prevalence of Hypertension in the Paediatric Population
AMJ, Vol3, Issue3.
Parental pressure, present education system and their impact on adolescents.
2010-01-01 Monteiro R Sebastian KV
Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity among the rural school children in Udupi taluk
South India, 2010, AMJ, Vol 3(6), Pg 357-363.
HIV/AIDS Education for Adolescents - An experiment in a rural setting in Udupi Taluk of Karnataka India.
2010-01-01 N Sreekumaran Nair Veena Kamath Asha Kamath
AMJ, Vol , No 3, 10, Pg 644-649.
Mental Health Literacy Among Late Adolescents in South India: What They Know and What Attitudes Drive Them
Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine
Adolescents and Body Image: A Cross Sectional Study
A qualitative study on how adolescent males in South India view reproductive health
Parenting Dimensions and Adolescent Perceptions at the Root of Adolescent Behaviors
Role of micro- and mesosystems in shaping an adolescent
Burden Level of Caregivers of Persons having Bipolar Affective Disorder
2011-01-01 Mamatha Suvarna
MSW Batch 2011 -13, Semester 3.
Factors influencing stress among nurses working in ICU and coping patterns adopted by them in GNRC, Guwahati-Assam.
2011-01-01 Meethu Rani
MSW Batch 2011 -13 Semester 3.
A Study on Risk Factors of Breast Cancer in Udupi district.
MPH Batch 2010 -12, Semester 4.
A study on knowledge and practices regarding menstrual hygiene among rural and urban adolescent girls in Udupi Taluk.
MPH Batch 2010, Semester 4.
Quality of life among persons with physical disability in Udupi taluk: a community based cross-sectional study.
MPH Batch 2011, Semester 4.
Sexual and reproductive health needs of HIV positive young adults in Udupi district, Karnataka, India.
2011-01-01 Neelesh Yadhav
MPH Batch 2011, Semester 4.
A study on knowledge and practices regarding reproductive health and utilization of services among college adolescent girls in urban Udupi taluk
MPH Batch 2011, Semester 3.
Depression, anxiety and experiences of stigma among the Men-having-sex-with-men (MSM) population in Udupi District.
Dhritiman Das, MPH 2011-13.