CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr B Unnikrishnan is the Dean of KMC Mangalore
- He is Professor of Community Medicine
- B Unnikrishnan teaches Community Medicine to MBBS students.
- PhD Guide in the specialisation of Health Systems Research.
- Chairperson of the Part one Final MBBS subcommittee.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Community Medicine||First, Second, Third, Fourth, Sixth, Seventh|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Community Medicine||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2000|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Pt JN Medical College, Raipur||2006|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC Mangalore||Dean and Professor||01/01/2022 - till date|
|KMC, Mangalore||Additional Dean and Professor||01/12/2020 - 31/12/2021|
|KMC Mangalore||Associate Dean and Professor||2015 - 30/11/2020|
|Dept of Community Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Professor and Head of the Department||2011 - 2015|
|Dept of Community Medicine, Kasturba Medical College||Professor||2010 - 2011|
|Dept of Community Medicine, Kasturba Medical College||Associate Professor||2005 - 2010|
|Dept of Community Medicine, Kasturba Medical College||Assistant Professor||2000 - 2005|
|Dept of Community Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||PG cum Tutor||1997 - 2000|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Health Systems Research.
Area of Expertise
Epidemiological Studies-Design , Evidence Based Medicine , Systematic Reviews , HIV/AIDS , Environmental Health
Area of Research
Tobacco Cessation , HIV/AIDS , Adolescent Health , Community Based Health Insurance
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Consultant, Public Health Evidence South Asia (PHESA).
- Member of the Board of Studies.
- Member of the College Coordination Committee.
- Member of the Ethics Committee.
- Member of the Indian Association of Epidemiologist, 2006.
- Member of the Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, 2002.
- Member of the Monitoring Cell on Ragging.
- Advisor, Voluntary Service Organization.
- Member of Parliament, One MP One Idea Scheme.
- Speciality Editor in Chief, WebMed Central Plus.
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Advanced Biotechnology & Bioengineering.
- Member of the Ethics Committee of Institute of Applied Dermatology.
- Supervisor, ASCEND Research network (Asian Collaboration for Excellence in Non-Communicable Disease).
- US NIH Millennium Promise Award to support the development of an Asian non-communicable disease (NCD) Research Network over five years.
- South Asian International Training and Research in Environmental and Occupational Health (ITREOH) , University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA.
- Consultant, Local Project Advisory Committee for Dept of Science & Technology Project, Govt of India Project of Institute of Applied Dermatology, Kasargod, Kerala
- for the development of systematic review of published Ayurvedic Literature on Switra.
- External Expert, Health Ministry’s Screening Committee of the Indian Council of Medical Research.
Perceptions and practice of evidence based medicine among health professionals.
2013-01-01 Akshay Sethi
Legal and Ethical Issues faced by Health Care Professionalism Mangalore.
2012-01-01 Namitha Rao
Stigma and Discrimination faced by people living with HIV aids in coastal south India.
2009-01-01 Rashmi Syal
Trend of computer and Internet use among medical students.
2008-01-01 Vedant Kulshresta
A cross sectional study.
Study of Stress amongst software professionals and factors Influencing Stress.
2007-01-01 Sharanya Krishnan
A cross sectional study, 2007 .