Dr Dattatray Prabhu
Department of Anaesthesiology
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dattatray Prabhu teaches anesthesiology to undergraduate students and is also a consultant anesthesiologist in the Department of Anaesthesiology, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Anaesthesiology||Seventh & Eighth semester MBBS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Indian Diploma In Critical Care Medicine||P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre Mumbai||2013|
|MD||Anaesthesiology||Pad. Shri D Y Patil Medical College||2011|
|MBBS||Shri B M Patil Medical College Bijapur||2007|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||01/09/2020 - till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||September 2016 to Auguat 2020|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Senior Resident||October 2014 till September 2016|
|TSS Hospital, Sirsi Uttara Kannada Karnataka||Consultant Anesthesiologist and Critical Care Specialist||May 2013 to December 2013|
|P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre Mumbai||Clinical Assistant in Department of Critical Care||1-02-12 to 02-05-13|
|Hinduja Healthcare Surgical Mumbai||Clinical Assistant in Department of Critical Care||July 2011 to 31 January 2012|
Principal Investigator In Ongoing DIANA STUDY (Determinants Of Antimicrobial Use And Deescalation In Critical Care) A Multicenter International Prospective, Observational Study.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Bed side Bronchoscopy
Area of Research
ARDS, Infectious diseases in ICU, bedside noninvasive scans and hemodynamic monitoring
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Life member Indian Society Of critical care medicine
2. Life member, Indian Medical Council.
3. Member Manipal Center For Infectious Diseases MAC ID/18/171
Top publications of Dattatray Prabhu:
1. Manas Thakur, Muralidhara Yadiyal, Christopher Pais, Dattatray Prabhu. Serial changes in platelets and outcomes in dengue. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research 2020;7(1):A5-A8. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21276/ijcmr.2020.7.1.6.
2. Sonali D. Prabhu, Dattatray Prabhu, Sandeep Gopal Krishna N. R., Ashwini Kumar, Santosh Rai PV and Ajit Mahale. Cholangiohepatitis: Radiological Spectrum of the Disease amid the Rising Prevalence in India: A Case Study in a Tertiary Institute in South India. Journal of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences University, (2017) 12 (4). pp. 261-268. ISSN 0974-3901.
3. Sonali D. Prabhu, Santosh Rai, Vishak Acharya K, Flora Dorothy Lobo, Sridevi H.B. and Dattatray Prabhu Ceelen-Gellerstedt syndrome in an elderly Indian man: Case report of an unusual case. Muller Journal of Medical Sciences and Research, (2016) 7 (1). pp. 59-62. ISSN 0975-9727.
4. Sonali D. Prabhu, Santosh Rai, Keerthiraj Bele, Preetham R Acharya, Dattatray Prabhu and Harish Gudi. Endovascular Stenting - Novel Technique in the Management of Acute Stanford Type B Aortic Dissection Involving Right-sided Aortic Arch: Is This the Way Forward? Systematic Literature Review with Case Study. Indian Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, (2016) 4 (3). pp. 114-124. ISSN 0972-0820