CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Hema Kini teaches postgraduates and undergraduate students. She also guides them in research work and thesis.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Pathology||Third, Fourth and Fifth semesters MBBS students and Postgraduates|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pathology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1991|
|MBBS||Madras Medical College, University Of Madras||1987|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College Mangalore||Professor||MBBS teaching MD teaching Allied course Diagnostics Research||Oct 2018 - till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor and Head of the Department||Administration, MBBS teaching MD teaching Allied courses Diagnostics Research||2013 to 2018|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor||MBBS teaching MD teaching Allied course Diagnostics Research||2011-2013|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Additional Professor||MBBS teaching MD teaching Allied courses Diagnostics Research||2009-2011|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||MBBS teaching MD teaching Allied courses Diagnostics Research||1996-2009|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||MBBS teaching MD teaching Allied courses Diagnostics Research||1993-1996|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Lecturer||MBBS teaching MD teaching Allied courses Diagnostics Research||1991-1993|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Uro-oncology, Testicular tumors, Thyroid and salivary gland
Area of Expertise
Uropathology, Male genital system, Thyroid, Salivary gland
Area of Research
Kidney tumors, Thyroid, Testis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists (life member, L-1498/1998).
2. Indian Asssociation of Cytologists (Life Member, LK-57).
3. International Academy of Pathologists- Indian Division.(discontinued)
4. Indian Medical Association (Life Member).
5. Karnataka Chapter of IAPM (L395)
6. South Kanara unit of the KCIAPM.
7. Involved in NABL accreditation of Cytology lab KMC-AC
8. Involved in MCI recognition of MD (Pathology)
1. The Significance of Glandular Cells on Conventional Cervicovaginal Smears: Experience from a Tertiary Care Hospital in Coastal India. Suresh, P. K., Kini, H., Minal, J., Dhavalpure, N., Basavaiah, S. H., Adiga, D. S. & Maben, L., 01-06-2017, In : Acta Cytologica. 61, 3, p. 199-206 8 p. 2. Fungal spores and fruiting bodies in cervicovaginal smears: Contaminant or infection?Kini, H., Kini, J. R., Suman, E. & Rai, S., 01-03-2017, In : Diagnostic Cytopathology. 45, 3, p. 191-194 4 p 3. Spectrum of lesions affecting the renal pelvis and pelviureteric junction: A 13-year retrospective analysis. Kini, H., Sridevi, H. B., Suresh, P. K., Guni, L. P. G., Bhat, S. & Kini, J. R., 01-02-2016, In : Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 10, 2, p. EC01-EC04 4. Cervical cytological abnormalities and human papilloma virus infection in women infected with HIV in Southern India . Thunga, S., Andrews, A., Ramapuram, J., Satyamoorthy, K., Kini, H., Unnikrishnan, B., Adhikari, P., Singh, P., Kabekkodu, S. P., Bhat, S., Kadam, A. & Shetty, A. K., 01-12-2016, In : Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research. 42, 12, p. 1822-1828 7 p. 5. Kini H, Saraswathy S, Shukla S, Rao S, Sahu K, Adiga D, Suresh P. Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation –19-Year Experience from a Tertiary Care Center in India. (2019). Fetal and Pediatric Pathology, DOI:10.1080/15513815.2019.1613703.
1. Dr. Tanvi Non neoplastic changes in nephrectomy specimens with neoplasms April 2013 2. Dr. Saumya Shukla Perinatal death: A retrospective and prospective study April 2010 3. Dr. Beshwanth Chowdary V. Evaluation of basal markers (34βE12, p63) & alpha methyl acyl CoA racemase in the distinction of benign and malignant prostatic lesions April 2017 4, Dr. Bhagat Singh Liposarcoma and MDM2 April 2019 5, Dr. V. Sathyanarayana Fine needle aspiration cytology of the thyroid with special reference to worrisome histological alterations following FNA July 2000