CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr Prasanna Mithra P teaches Research Methodology and Community Medicine. He is in-charge of the Rural Health Training Centre and coordinator of the Literary Club.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Community Medicine||First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|DNB (Diplomat of National Board)||National Board of Examinations||2010|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2009|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Community Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2009-2013|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Non-Communicable Diseases Adolescent Health , Tobacco and other addictions , Medical Education , Communication for Health Education
Area of Expertise
Non-Communicable Diseases , General Epidemiology
Area of Research
Non-Communicable Diseases , Occupational Health Gender and Health Maternal and Child health
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Received the Certificate of Appreciation for faculty research contribution to the scientific literature, 2012.
- Member of the Volunteer Disciplinary Committee for the Institutional activities.
- Consultant Epidemiologist, Institute of Applied Dermatology, Kasaragod, Kerala.
- Secretary of the Peoples’ Association for Geriatric Empowerment (PAGE).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of Saarang Community Radio, Mangalore.