Dr Ranjitha Rao
Department of Pathology
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Pathology||III, IV, V semester MBBS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pathology||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli||2014|
|MBBS||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli||2010|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||Nov 2014 – till date|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Histopathology with special interest in gynecologic pathology,breast pathology,cytopathology and transfusion medicine
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Breast and gynecologic pathology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Rao R, Deviprasad D, Jaipuria B, Saha D ,Manisha N, Rao K S (2018) Mantle Cell Lymphoma of the Palatine Tonsil: A Rare Case Report. Iran J Otorhinolaryngol. 2018 ;30(100):297-300
2. Rao R, Giriyan SS, Rangappa P K. Clinicopathological profile of papillary carcinoma of thyroid: A 10-year experience in a tertiary care institute in North Karnataka, India. Indian J Cancer 2017;54:514-8
3. Venkataramana CG, Pai RR, Rao R, Nirupama M,Lobo FD, Sahoo KK.Clinicopathological study of medullary carcinoma of thyroid: A single institute experience.Thyroid Res Pract 2018;15:38-41.
4. Govindarajan S, Adiga DS,Lobo F D, Rao R, Prasad K, Venkataramana CG Advanced Stage Lung Cancer: Persisting Challenges in the Era of Molecular Targeted Therapy-Our Experience.JCDR 2018;12 (5):14-17.
5. Venkataramana CG,Kini H, Saha D, Rai S, Adiga D S, Rao R,Philipose C S.Histomorphologic Spectrum in Hyaline Vascular Variant of Castleman Disease. JCDR 2017;11 (8): EC01-EC04.
1. A study of p63 expression in papillary lesions of the breast to evaluate its utility as a marker to distinguish benign from malignant lesions. 2. A study of Oct-4/POU5F1, a stem cell transcription factor expression in breast cancer and its impact on the prognosis . 3. Advanced Stage Lung Cancer: Persisting Challenges in the Era of Molecular Targeted Therapy-Our Experience.