CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sowmini P Kamath teaches Undergraduate and Postgraduate students, and is involved in patient management at RAPCC.
- Presently working as Associate professor in department of pediatrics,KMC Mangalore.
- Involved in patient management at RAPCC, Wenlock district hospital, Mangalore.
- Full time post in a medical college teaching hospital with a major neonatal and paediatric intensive care unit.
- Responsible for Paediatric training and examination of MBBS, Diploma in Child health and MD Paediatric students.
- Clinical Research- post graduate research thesis, MBBS students ICMR STS research projects.
- Publications and Conference presentations.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Paediatrics||213||Forth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Paediatrics||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2004|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||24/07/2009 till date|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2/09/08 -- 23/07/09|
|Department of Paediatrics, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||29/03/05—1/09/08|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
General Paediatrics , Paediatric Cardiology , Paediatric Endocrinology and Neonatology
Area of Expertise
General Paediatrics, Neonatology and intensive care
Area of Research
Community Paediatrics , Paediatric Cardiology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of the Indian Academy of Paediatrics, 2004.
- Life member of the Indian Medical Association, 2004.