Dr. Sharath Kumar Rao
Dean and Professor
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics)
· He joined Department of Orthopaedic, Kasturba Medical College Manipal in the year 1988.
· He became Prof & Unit Head of Ortho Unit V in the year 2000.
· He was the Head of the Department of Orthopaedics KMC Manipal from 2009 to 2014.
· He is at present the Associate Dean KMC Manipal since 2015
Professional Affilation / Achievements:
· He was the President of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association from 2012 to 2013.
· He is President of Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States.
· He is presently Chairman of AOTrauma India.
· He has given the prestigious orations in the Annual Conferences of Kerala Orthopaedic Association, Andhra Orthopaedic Association, Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association, Karnataka Orthopaedic Association and West Bengal Orthopaedic Association.
· He is an International Faculty for AO trauma and had delivered Guest Lectures in Switzerland, Singapore, Thailand, China, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Germany, Hungary, Thailand and UK.
· He has conducted many workshops on trauma and joint replacement in various parts of India, Asia-pacific countries and various European countries.
· He has 56 publications in international indexed journals and 16 in National indexed journals.
· He is a National and International reputed Orthopaedic Surgeon in the field of Complex Trauma, Joint Replacement and Knee Arthroscopy.
For more details, click here.