Dr. Anil K Bhat
Associate Dean, Professor and Head of Hand and Microsurgery Department
Department of Orthopaedics
Qualification: MS (ORTHO) DNB 1. Dr. S.S.Babhulkar Fellowship by the Indian Orthopaedic Association for the year 2002 2. Ganga hospital- Carl Zeiss fellowship in Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery for the year 2003 3. Observership at Department of Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery, National university hospital, Singapore March 2006. 4. Karnataka Orthopedic Association Indo –UK International travelling fellowship, at the Department of Orthopedics, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother hospital, East Kent NHS university hospitals, Margate, Kent, UK 2010 5. Dr. Robert Acland fellowship for the year 2011-12 at Prince of Wales hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong for wrist arthroscopy from 2012
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- involved in weekly outpatient clinic, trauma and pre op audits.
- Moderates seminars, research club and journal club.
- Helps postgraduate students with their theses, dissertation.
- Guides PhD projects, and ICMR student projects.
Dr Anil K Bhat Involved in academic and administration activities of KMC, Manipal
He also teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Dr Bhat also :
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Orthopaedics||7th, 8th, 9th semesters (Old Regulations) and PY2, PY3-I, PY3-II (CBME)|
|Orthopaedics||PGY1, PGY2 and PGY3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics (Upper limb and Hand Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1999|
|MBBS||Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore||1996|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Head of the Department, Hand Surgery||April 1st, 2021 onwards|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Dean||August 1, 2019, onwards|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||2012 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||2004 to 2012|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||1999 to 2004|
1. The influence of ethnic differences based on upper limb anthropometry on grip and pinch strength. Bhat, A.K., Jindal, R., Acharya, A.M. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2021, 21, 101504
2. Correlation of Flexor Pollicis Longus Tendon Status by Ultrasonography with Plate Position on Radiographs Following Volar Plate Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures with Pronator Quadratus Repair. Bhat, A.K., Acharya, A.M., Mane, P.P., Karegowda, L.H. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, 2021, 55(4), pp. 1015–1021
3. Operation theatre protocol for COVID-19 cases requiring orthopaedic surgery: A workflow without altering the existing infrastructure. Bhat, A.K., Vijayan, S., Acharya, A.M., ...Kanhangad, M.P., Hegde, N. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2021, 17, pp. 163–168
4. The Middle Trunk Fascicle: A Simple, Effective Nerve Transfer for Suprascapular Nerve in Upper Brachial Plexus Injuries. Acharya, A.M., Bhat, A.K., Hegde, N. The journal of hand surgery Asian-Pacific volume, 2021, 26(1), pp. 107–111
5. Risk factors for wound infection caused by methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus among hospitalized patients: A case control study from a tertiary care hospital in India. Thimmappa, L., Bhat, A., Hande, M., ...Nayak, B., George, A. African Health Sciences, 2021, 21(1), pp. 286–294
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Upper Limb- Elbow, Wrist and Hand surgery
Area of Expertise
Wrist and Related Disorders, Congenital Hand Disorders, Sports Injuries of Upper Limb, 3D prosthesis
Area of Research
Wrist Related Disorders, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Radial Club Hand, 3D Prosthesis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 1999.
- Life Member of Indian society for Surgery of the Hand, 1999.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 1999.
- Associate Member of SICOT, 2009, 2012, 2013.
- Life Member of OASIS, 1999.
On Going PG Thesis: 1) 2020: Dr. Suhas Sondur: Distraction Osteotomy for Extra-Articular Distal Radius Malunion using Volar Plate without Bone Graft: Radiological Analysis and Systematic Review. (Guide) 2) 2019: Dr. Amanpreet Singh: Artificial intelligence-based diagnostic software for occult scaphoid fractures and normative analysis of the scaphoid microstructure. (Guide) 3) 2019: Dr. Sanjoth B Raj: Ultrasound measurements of posterior interosseous nerve in radial tunnel syndrome: A prospective case-control study. (Guide)