Dr. Anil K Bhat
Professor & Unit I Head
Department of Orthopaedics
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in weekly outpatient clinic, trauma and pre op audits.
- Moderates seminars, research club and journal club.
- Helps postgraduate students with their theses, dissertation.
- Guides PhD projects, and ICMR student projects.
Dr Anil K Bhat teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Dr Bhat :
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Orthopaedics||MBBS||7th, 8th and 9th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics (Upper limb and Hand Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1999|
|MBBS||Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore||1996|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||2012 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||2004 to 2012|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||1999 to 2004|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Upper Limb- Elbow, Wrist and Hand surgery
Area of Expertise
Wrist and Related Disorders, Congenital Hand Disorders, Sports Injuries of Upper Limb
Area of Research
Wrist Related Disorders, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Radial Club Hand
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Dr SS Babhulkar fellowship by the Indian Orthopaedic Association, 2002.
- Ganga hospital- Carl Zeiss fellowship in hand and reconstructive microsurgery, 2003.
- Indian Society for Surgery of the hand-Ethicon traveling fellowship, 2004-2005.
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 1999.
- Life Member of Indian society for Surgery of the Hand, 1999.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 1999.
- Life Member of SICOT, 2009, 2012, 2013.
- Life Member of OASIS, 1999.
Back pain in Osteoporosis
Kannada translated Article in Arogyavani of Udayavani newspaper.
Distal radius fracture in Osteoporosis
Kannada translated article in Arogyavani of Udayavani newspaper.