|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|FIMSA||Medical sciences||International Medical Science Academy||2006|
|PhD||Enteric Infections||Kasturba Medical College||1995|
|MSc||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College||1984|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, MAHE||Professor of Microbiology Enteric Diseases Division-Incharge||May 2015 till date|
|MMMC, MAHE||Professor of Microbiology||Sept 2013 – April 2015|
|KMC-IC, MAHE||Professor of Microbiology||June 2006 – Sept 2013|
|AUA, Antigua||Professor of Microbiology||3 months - 2012|
|Oman Medical College, Sohar||Professor of Microbiology||6 months - 2010|
|KMC, MAHE||Additional Professor||May 2005 – May 2006|
|KMC, MAHE||Associate Professor||Dec 2000 – May 2005|
|KMC, MAHE||Assistant Professor||Nov 1995 – Dec 2000|
|KMC, MAHE||Lecturer||March 1987 – Nov 1995|
|KMC, MAHE||Tutor||April 1986 – March 1987|
|KMC, MAHE||Junior Research Fellow / Tutor||Aug 1984 – April 1986|
Click here for details.
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Bacteriology and Parasitology
Area of Expertise
Enteric Infections, Genomics of Helicobacter pylori, Nosocomial Clostridium difficile and genetic relatedness, Biofilm and Quorum sensing molecules, Antimicrobial resistance, Microbiome studies, Alternative medicines, Microbial pathogenesis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of the Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists.
- Life member of the Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists.
- Life member of Karnataka chapter of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists.
- Life member of the Association of Microbiologists of India.
- Life member of International Medical sciences Academy
- Founder member of Gastrointestinal infection society of India.
- Member of Editorial Board –Journal of gastrointestinal infection society of India.
- Member of Indian society for Human & Animal Mycology.
- Member, ESCMID, 2017
- Member, Manipal-Mc Gill center for infectious diseases, 2017-2018
- Contributed a chapter clinical biofilms-a challenging frontier in healthcare associated infection and MDR for the book titled - Emerging concepts in bacterial biofilms: molecular mechanisms and control strategies. Cambridge publishing, England, UK. 2019
- Contributed a chapter on Trends in antimicrobial resistance among enteric pathogens- A global concern for the book titled- Antibiotic Resistance – Epidemiology, mechanisms and new antimicrobial approaches: Elsevier publications. 2016.
- Chapter on Diarrheagenic E coli in Gastrointestinal Tract Infections- Editor Dr. Chetna Vaishnavi Paragon International Publisher New Delhi. 2008.
- Reviewed the Textbook-The elements of Immunology by Fahim Halim Khan, Aligarh Muslim University (Pearson Education). 2008.
- Foreword for the book titled” Quantitative sandwish ELISA” authored by Dr Surajith Debnath, Manipur for Lambert Academic Publishing,Saarbrucken, Germany. 2012
- Reviewed the chapter “perspectives and key factors on the usage of herbal extracts against multidrug resistant gram negative microorganisms “ in the Book titled Fighting multidrug resistance with herbal extracts, essential oils and their components-Elsivier publications2013 authored by Dr Ali Parsaeimehr., Iran 2012
- Reviewed a Textbook on Glycobiology – Garland Science, Taylor & Francis Group, New York. November 2011.
- Reviewed chapters in Microbiology-A clinical approach –Garland publishers-Taylor & Francis group 2014
- Co–authored a textbook on Pre & Para clinical subjects for Bachelor of Health Information & Administration (BHIA) through Distance Education, MAHE.
- Authored a textbook of Microbiology for Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology through Distance Education, MAHE.
- A chapter on Microorganisms and Infectious Diseases for Information Technology course through Distance Education, MAHE.
- A chapter on Microbial diseases for Medical Documentation course through Distance Education, MAHE.
- Authored a text book on Systemic bacteriology and quality control for laboratory technical course.
- Authored a book for Human Biology II Clinical Research
Click here for details.