CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Guiding student projects
- Mentoring the student seminars
- Nine years of teaching experience in medical teaching.
- Diagnostic experience in serological diagnosis of infectious disease.
- Participated in research projects involving the serological diagnosis of acute febrile illness, hepatitis and other infectious diseases.
- Experienced in laboratory quality and holds responsibility of a Technical Manager of a high throughput Microbiology laboratory with NABL accreditation
- Certified for implementation of quality in laboratory.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2012|
|MBBS||Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore||2007|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC Manipal||Associate Professor||2016 till Date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2012-2016|
|KMC, Manipal||Tutor||2009 to 2012|
- Role of Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) confirmatory assay in solving the diagnostic dilemma of equivocal HBsAg results as compared to molecular assay
- . Prevalence of Hepatitis E Virus infection in healthy voluntary blood donors
- Comparative analysis of various diagnostic tools to resolve the diagnostic dilemma in Leptospirosis.”
- Screening for Abacavir Hypersensitivity by DNA Microarray among HIV seropositive adult patients in a tertiary care hospital.
Optimization of Dosage Regimen of Amikacin : A Pharmacometric Approach
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Serology , Immunology , Bacteriology, Curriculum planning and assessment design (Teaching)
Area of Expertise
Viral Hepatitis, Laboratory quality management and laboratory risk management
Area of Research
Viral hepatitis , Acute febrile illness
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Academy of Medical microbiologists.
- Member of Indian Academy of Medical Microbilogists (Karnataka chapter).
- Member of Academy of clinical Microbiologists.
Interplay between hepatitis E virus and host cell pattern recognition receptors
International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2021, 22(17), 9259
Validation of a clinical risk-scoring algorithm for scrub typhus severity in South India
Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, 2021, 25(5), 551–556
Assessment of pre-analytical errors in clinical laboratory at a tertiary care hospital of Southern India
Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development, 2019, 10(6), pp. 238–241.
4. Effect of chewing gums containing probiotics and xylitol on oral health in children: A randomized controlled trial
Journal of International Oral Health, 2018, 10(5), pp. 237–243
Influence of modifications in widal test methodology on antibody titres
Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, 2018, 20(October),S146-149
Typhoid spondylodiscitis mimicking tuberculosis in a teenage girl
Journal of Infection and Public Health, 2018, 11(1),136–137
Unusual severe extra-intestinal manifestations of a common enteric pathogen-aeromonas Spp
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2017, 11(5), DC01–DC03.
Clinical and microbiological profile of Candida isolates from oral candidiasis in patients undergoing radiotherapy for head and neck malignancy.
Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2016, 9,197–200.
Comparing assay performance of ELISA and chemiluminescence immunoassay in detecting antibodies to hepatitis B surface antigen
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2016, 10(11), pp. DC22–DC25
A rare glimpse into the morbid world of necrotising fasciitis: Flesh-eating bacteria Vibrio vulnificus.
Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology, 2016, 34(3), pp. 384–386