Dr Nishanth A
Department of Orthopaedics
Qualification: MS (ORTHO) 1) A.O Spine National Fellowship -2017, Stavya Spine Hospital & Research Institute-Ahmedabad (2) Fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Spine Navigation Surgery, 2017-2018, Changi General Hospital, SingHealth University, Singapore. (3) A.O Spine International Fellowship (Pediatric and Adult Spine Deformity)-2019, Royal Adelaide Hospital / Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, Australia.
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Nishanth A teaches Undergraduate and Orthopaedic Post Graduate students.
He is also actively involved in teaching the students of Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy & Rehabilitation, Yoga therapy, Operation theatre technicians, and Bio-medical Engineering.
He is involved in outpatient and inpatient care in the Department of Orthopaedics. He has been managing the emergency care of the trauma victims with special responsibility towards SPINE injury patients.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Orthopaedics||MBBS||7th, 8th, 9th semesters (Old Regulations) and PY2, PY3-I, PY3-II (CBME)|
|Orthopaedics||MS||PGY1, PGY2 and PGY3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics||MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore||2012|
|MBBS||KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore||2009|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||Mar 2020 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||02/2015 to 2020|
|KMC, Manipal||Senior Resident||09/2012 to 01/2015|
1. Operation theatre protocol for COVID-19 cases requiring orthopaedic surgery: A workflow without altering the existing infrastructure Bhat, A.K., Vijayan, S., Acharya, A.M., ...Kanhangad, M.P., Hegde, N. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2021, 17, pp. 163–168
2. Cryptococcal spondylodiscitis in a non-HIV patient with CD4 lymphocytopenia. Bhat, S.N., Kundangar, R., Ampar, N., ...Udupa, C.B.K., Saravu, K. Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences, 2021, 16(3), pp. 470–475
3. Hypersensitivity to aerosol spray dressing Khadke, I., Patil, N., Ampar, N., Adiga, S., Bhat, S.N. Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, 2020, 11(2), pp. 81–82
4. Accuracy and reliability of spinal navigation: An analysis of over 1000 pedicle screws. Shree Kumar, D., Ampar, N., Wee Lim, L. Journal of Orthopaedics, 2020, 18, pp. 197–203
5. Delayed hypoglossal nerve palsy following occipital condyle fracture. Sitaram, C.D., Nishanth, A., Bhat, S.N., Kundangar, R.S. BMJ Case Reports, 2019, 12(12), e232645
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Trauma, Spine surgery
Area of Expertise
Trauma and Spine surgery
Area of Research
Genenral Orthopaedics, Spine
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 2013.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association.