CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involved in taking theory and practical classes for UGs and PGs
- Actively involved in all activities and research works of the department
- Is examiner for MBBS & BDS examinations
Dr Padmaja A Shenoy teaches undergraduate (M.B.B.S & B.D.S.)and postgraduate students (M.D.).
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2011|
|MBBS||Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore||2006|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC Manipal||Associate Professor||2016 till Date|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2012-2016|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Tutor||2008 to 2011|
- Microbiological profile of chronic osteomyelitis with special emphasis on anaerobic osteomyelitis in tertiary care hospital. (MAHE Seed-Money grant2017)
- Microbiological and Molecular Characterization of Clostridioides difficile isolates (funded by CIIMS Nagpur)·
- Evaluation of the gut microbiome of the olanzapine-induced metabolic syndrome rat model. (MAHE Seed money grant)·
- Clinical, Microbiological & Molecular characteristics of Bacteroides fragilis isolates from clinical specimens: A hospital based study (ICMR grant)·
- Design and development of dual functional glycosylated nanoparticles for antimicrobial resistance therapy in urinary tract infection (ICMR grant)·
- Formulation and evaluation of green tea extract gel for its application in periodontal infections (MAHE seed money grant)
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Anaerobic Microbiology; Infectious disease diagnostics.
Area of Expertise
Anaerobic bacteriology, Anaerobic-antimicrobial resistance
Area of Research
Anaerobic bacteriology, Nosocomial diarrhoea, Antimicrobial resistance
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Medical Microbiologists,
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA Karavali)
Antimicrobial activity of some Essential oils and Extracts from Natural sources on Skin and Soft tissue infection causing microbes: An In-vitro Study.
Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3603-9.
Is hackathon in oncology a plausible way to foster innovation? An experiential narrative account of conducting Hacking Cancer.
2021 Shirley Lewis Chythra R Rao Padmaja Ananth Shenoy Naveen Salins Rangan Viveganandan Arun Shanbhag Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay Krishnananda Prabhu Sharath K Rao
BMJ Innovations 2021;7:164-174.
Evaluation of Plaque Removal Efficacy of Dental Floss with/without Chlorhexidine Gel in Patients with Gingivitis a Clinical and Microbiological Study.
Open Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2020 Jun 20; 8(D):118-123.
Evaluation of various irrigation activation systems to eliminate bacteria from the root canal system: A randomized controlled single blinded trial
J Dent. 2020 Aug;99:103412.
Microbiological profile of chronic osteomyelitis with special reference to anaerobic osteomyelitis in a tertiary care hospital of coastal Karnataka
Tropical Doctor 2020 Jul;50(3):198-202. doi: 10.1177/0049475520921283. Epub 2020 Apr 28.
Correlation Between Microbiological Profiles of Adenoid Tissue and Nasal Discharge in Children with Co-existent Chronic Adenoiditis and Chronic Rhinosinusitis
Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2020);72(1):112-116.
In Vitro Evaluation of Substantivity, Staining Potential, and Biofilm Reduction of Guava Leaf Extract Mouth Rinse in Combination with its Anti-Inflammatory Effect on Human Gingival Epithelial Keratinocytes.
2019 Jothi Varghese Liza L Ramenzoni Padmaja Shenoy Usha Y Nayak Namrata Nayak Thomas Attin Patrick R Schmidlin
Materials 2019, 12, 3903.
Antibacterial Efficacy of Essential Oil of Two Different Varieties of Ocimum (Tulsi) on Oral Microbiota—An Invitro Study.
Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development 2019;10:6;188-193.
Antimicrobial resistance profile and Nim gene detection among Bacteroides fragilis group isolates in a university hospital in South India
J Global Infect Dis 2019;11:59-62.
Safety assessment of an etidronate in a sodium hypochlorite solution: randomized double-blind trial
International Endodontic Journal. 52, 1274–1282, 2019.
1. Microbiological characterization of anaerobic bacteria isolated from various clinical specimens with special e emphasis on their Metronidazole susceptibility (ICMR STS)
2. The Microbiological Profile of Necrotizing Fasciitis with Special Emphasis on Anaerobic Aetiology and their Antimicrobial Susceptibility Patterns (ICMR-STS)