Dr. Sandeep Vijayan
Department of Orthopaedics
Qualification: MS (ORTHO) 1. Fellowship in knee Surgery, 2010, Ghent University - Belgium 2. Fellowship in Shoulder Surgery and Sports Medicine, 2013, National University Hospital, Singapore 3. Fellowship in Revision Arthroplasty, 2017, Helios Endoklinik - Hamburg, Germany 4. AO Trauma Fellowship, 2018, Chiang Mai University, Thailand; Bisal Muddu International Travelling Fellowship, 2019, United Kingdom; Prof Shantharam Shetty International Travelling Trauma Fellowship, 2019, University of Graz - Austria.
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr Sandeep Vijayan teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Involved in taking theory and practical classes for UGs and PGs
MBBS coordinator and CBME coordinator
UG and PG examiner
Orthopaedic Representative of Student Mobility Center
Board of studies member for UG and PG schemes
Involved in running outpatient clinics and taking care of inpatients.
Involved in conducting surgeries and assisting colleagues.
Involved in research work.
Actively Involved in all activities of the department.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Orthopaedics||7th, 8th, 9th semesters (Old Regulations) and PY2, PY3-I, PY3-II (CBME)|
|Orthopaedics||PGY1, PGY2 and PGY3|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||Orthopaedics||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2007|
|MBBS||Calicut Medical College, University of Calicut||2000|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Additional Professor||July 2021 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||06/2012 till 06/2021|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||08/2007 to 06/2012|
|Pariyaram Medical College, Kannur||Assistant Professor||06/2007 to 07/2007|
1. Operation theatre protocol for COVID-19 cases requiring orthopaedic surgery: A workflow without altering the existing infrastructure Bhat, A.K., Vijayan, S., Acharya, A.M., ...Kanhangad, M.P., Hegde, N. Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, 2021, 17, pp. 163–168
2. Knee Implant Identification by Fine-Tuning Deep Learning Models. Sharma, S., Batta, V., Chidambaranathan, M., ...Vijayan, S., Amanatullah, D.F. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, 2021
3. Clinical outcome of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with modified transtibial and anteromedial portal Vijayan, S., Kyalakond, H., Kulkarni, M.S., ...Bhat, V., Rao, S.K. Musculoskeletal Surgery, 2021
4. Functional evaluation of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction – comparison of two graft fixation techniques in the femoral tunnel Vijayan, S., Cherukuri, S.M., Kulkarni, M.S., ...Murali, S.D., Rao, S.K. Muscles, Ligaments and Tendons Journal, 2021, 11(1), pp. 62–68
5. Functional outcome and patients’ perceived benefits after total knee arthroplasty: A cross-sectional study. Sharma, S., D'Souza, P.J.J., Badagabettu, S., Vijayan, S.
International Journal of Orthopaedic and Trauma Nursing, 2020, 39, 100791
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Arthroscopy (Knee and shoulder), Arthroplasty and Sports Medicine, General Orthopaedics
Area of Expertise
Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty and Sports Medicine, Trauma, Paediatric Orthopaedics
Area of Research
Arthroplasty, Trauma, Sports medicine
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Life Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society
AO National and Regional Faculty for Basic and Advanced Courses
Life member of Karnataka and Kerala Orthopaedic Associations
Life member of Indian Orthopaedic Association