CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-coordinates seminars, radiology discussions, trauma and pre-operative audits.
- Co-ordinates journal club for the trainees.
- Is involved in outpatient and inpatient care.
Dr Shyamasunder Bhat N teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Orthopaedics||MBBS||7th, 8th and 9th semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|DNB||Orthopaedics||National Board of Examinations, New Delhi||1999|
|MS||Orthopaedics||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1999|
|MBBS||Govt Medical College, Mysore||1996|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor and Head||2019 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Professor||08/2013 till date|
|KMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||13/10/2004 to 14/06/2007 & 20/03/2008 to 31/07/2013|
|KMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor||01/09/1999 to 12/10/2004|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Spine Surgery, Trauma
Area of Expertise
Spine Surgery, Trauma
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 2000.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 2001.
- Life Member of Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States, 2000.
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association, 2007.
- Life Member of AO Trauma, 2005.
- Life Member of AO Spine, 2007.
- Life Member of Canara Orthopaedic Society, 2003.
Recognitions & Achievements
- Fellowship in Paediatric Spine at BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada in May-June 2014
- Fellowship in Degenerative Spine at Tohuku Central
- Hospital, Yamagata, Japan in April-May 2013
- AOSpine Fellowship in Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong in October 2012
- IOA Mentorship Fellowship in Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore in July 2012
- AO Trauma Fellowship in Singapore General Hospital, Singapore in October-December 2005
- Observership in Orthopaedics in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, UK in Aug-Sep 2005
- Distinguished Alumnus Award 2008, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- 6 Guest Lectures, 20 Conference Presentations, 9 Publications, Attended 26 Workshops and Seminars
Top 10 Publications
Click here for details.