The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at MCODS Mangalore offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses and is involved in patient care and research activities. The unit is also actively involved in community dental health programs conducted by MCODS, Mangalore.
Being a referral centre, the department gets references from adjoining health care centres and from neighbouring states for the management of complex orofacial problems.
The department treats a wide variety of patients suffering from diseases and disorders affecting maxillofacial region
- The department treats a wide variety of patients suffering from diseases and disorders affecting maxillofacial region
- It has a well-equipped trauma team rendering 24 hours on-call service to the trauma centre which is attached to Kasturba Medical College and Hospital.
- Extraction of teeth, third molar surgeries, peri-apical surgeries, biopsy, cyst enucleations and pre-prosthetic surgeries.
- Evaluation and management of patients suffering from maxillofacial trauma.
- The diagnosis and surgical management of acquired and developmental dento-facial deformities
- Diagnosis and management of patients with facial and dento-alveolar infections
- The diagnosis and management of patients suffering from temporomandibular joint disorders
- Diagnosis and management of oral pathological lesions including oral cancer
- Diagnosis and management of patients with cleft lip and palate
- The diagnosis and management of salivary gland disorders.
- Shirdi Saibaba Cancer Centre, Manipal
- Departments of Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology
- Departments of Medicine, Surgery, Anaesthesia
- Departments of Ophthalmology, ENT, Orthopaedics
- Departments of Neurosurgery, Radiation Oncology, Radiology.
Access to clinical facilities gives student hands-on training in dental procedures
The Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Clinical Skills Centre
The surgical skills centre has state of the art maniquins to practice exodontia along with models for suturing techniques and osteology.
Faculty and students are actively involved in the management of patients who require dental implants and keep abreast with the latest information and techniques in this rapidly evolving and important field.
Research & Publications
Areas of research include surgical techniques, retrospective studies of data and improved materials and methods.
It is a great place to be in right from taking admission, the personal care begins and one finds the atmosphere very comfortable.
Dr. Arun K Simon
Department is fully committed to offer the highest level of orthodontic training to the students. The faculty leaves no stone unturned to educate the students, provide them with the best of infrastructure and orthodontic programs, and expose them to variety of complicated cases, to produce good clinicians. It was a great experience learning in such a supportive environment.
The department of orthodontics and Dentofacial orthopaedics has one of the highest standards of teaching and mentoring in Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore. An efficient team of faculty who are always approachable creates a student friendly environment in the department. The equipment and materials provided to us students are upgraded with the latest advancements in the field. The quality of work expected from students is high which helps students to thrive for perfection. It has definitely been a great experience to be a part of the learning process MCODS Mangalore has offered and I am a proud alumnus of this institution.
MCODS is a wonderful institution. There are people from different cultures here, and that interests me. I like the campus life a lot!
Cheah Hui Ling