CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains MDS students and BDS Students in theory classes and practical.
- Is involved in clinical preventive dentistry for MDS students and also in patient management at Comprehensive Dental Clinic in the department.
- Sets paper for BDS students at Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Is BDS examiner at Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Is BDS and MDS examiner at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Is in charge of Rural Dental Satellite Centre, Abhaya Ashraya, Asaigoli.
G Rajesh BH teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||2005|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Public Health Dentistry, MCODS Mangalore||Associate Professor||2010 till date|
|Department of Public Health Dentistry, MCODS Mangalore||Reader||2009-2010|
|Department of Public Health Dentistry, MCODS Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2005-2009|
|SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Assistant Professor Reader||2005-2009 2009-2010|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Behavioural Sciences and Oral Health, Disaster Management, Oral Epidemiology, Global Oral Health, Tobacco Cessation, Systematic Reviews And Meta-Analysis
Area of Expertise
Behavioural Sciences and Oral Health, Oral Epidemiology, Global Oral Health
Area of Research
Behavioural Sciences and Oral Health, Disaster Management, Oral Epidemiology, Global Oral Health, Tobacco Cessation, Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry, 2002.
- Member of International Association of Dental Research, 2013.
- Member of Indian Society for Dental Research, 2013.
- Member of Indian Dental Association, 2012.
- Member of Indian Red Cross, 2012.
Emotional intelligence and perceived stress among undergraduate students in a private dental institution in India
Journal of Dental Education.
A survey on disaster management among postgraduate students in a private dental institution in India
2011-01-01 Prasad KVV Chhabra KG Shetty PJ Javali SB
American Journal of Disaster Medicine, 2011, 6(5): 309-18.
Willingness to participate in disaster management among Indian dental graduates
Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, 2012, 27(5):439-444.
Effects of various methods of school oral health education methods on oral health knowledge and oral health status of high school children in gadag town - A randomized controlled trail
2008-01-01 Prasad KVV Mohanty VR Javali SB
Journal of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry, 2008, 14: 22-8.
Dermatoglyphics - A marker for malocclusion
2010-01-01 Tikare S Prasad KVV Thippeswamy V Javali SB
International Dental Journal, 2010, 60: 1-5.
Insights into pictorial health warnings on tobacco product packages marketed in Uttar Pradesh, India
2010-01-01 Aruna DS Mohanty VR
Asia Pacific J Cancer Prev, 2010, 11: 1-4.
Insights into the tobacco cessation scenario among dental graduates: An Indian perspective
Asia Pacific J Cancer Prev 2012, 13: 2611-2617.
Insights into smoking and its cessation among current smokers in India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 2013, 14(5):2811-8.
Insights into radiation protection scenario among a subpopulation of Indian dental practitioners
Imaging Sciences in Dentistry.
The efficacy of dentifrices on extrinsic tooth stains amongst community dwelling adults in Hubli-Dharwad, Karnataka, India- A randomized controlled trial
2011-01-01 Sreenivasan P Ramya K Rao CB DeVizio W
Community Dental Health, 2011, 28(3):201-5.