CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts the practical classes for BDS students.
- Prepares question paper and conducts theory, practical and clinical examination for BDS students.
- Caters to the Prosthodontic needs of the patients.
- Is Prosthodontic patient consultant.
- Allots patients to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Is teacher guardian for I-BDS students.
Mahesh M teaches BDS and MDS students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Complete Denture||Second year BDS|
|Removable Partial Denture||Third year BDS|
|Fixed Partial Denture||Fourth year BDS|
|Implant Dentistry and Miscellaneous Topics (Single Complete Dentures, Over dentures, Relining and Rebasing etc.)||Fourth year BDS|
|Preclinical Prosthodontics||First BDS and Second BDS|
|Clinical Training||Third BDS and Fourth BDS|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal/Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2008|
|BDS||Yenepoya Dental College, Mangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences||2002|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, MCODS Mangalore||Associate Professor||From 2014|
|Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, MCODS Mangalore||Reader||From 4 May, 2013|
|Department of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, MCODS Mangalore||Assistant Professor||4 May, 2009 - 3 May, 2013|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Fixed Prosthodontics, Implant prosthodontics
Area of Research
Removable Prosthodontics, Fixed Prosthodontics, Maxillofacial Prosthodontics
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Member of Karnataka State Dental Council, 2003.
- Member of Indian Prosthodontic Society, 2005.
- Member of Indian Dental Association, 2010.
Recent advances in gingival retraction - Quick, painless, traumatic and cost effective
International Dental Journal, 2012.
Effect of infection control aids in polymerization inhibition of polyvinyl siloxane impression materials - An Invitro study
2013-01-01 Mahesh Mundathaje Veena Hegde
2013, Indian Journal of Dentistry.