The department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry at MCODS Manipal was established in 1985. It is a place where total dental care is provided to children from birth through adolescence including children with special health care needs. Undergraduates are trained to develop necessary clinical skills for providing basic dental care to children with emphasis on preventive dentistry. Postgraduates are trained in all aspects of advanced paediatric dentistry including care of very young children and specially abled children.
- A child friendly reception area which is a ‘visual treat for children’.
- State of the art equipment’s including RVG, air abrasion unit, DIAGNODENT, apex locators & intra oral camera and paediatric dental chairs.
- Facility for provision of dental care under chairside general anaesthesia for very young, extremely uncooperative and disabled children.
Strong Emphasis on prevention of oro-dental diseases in children by providing preventive procedures and appropriate parent and child counselling.
- Unique based School dental clinics at two schools around Manipal for providing basic dental care for children in the school premises itself.
- The department runs an exclusive school health program for underprivileged children of schools around Manipal.
- Endodontic treatment of primary, young permanent and permanent teeth
- Management of harmful oral habits and malocclusions in children
- Full mouth rehabilitation under chairside general anaesthesia
- Dental care for Special Health Care needs children
- Esthetic paediatric dentistry
- Preventive dentistry.
Endodontic treatment of primary, young permanent and permanent teeth.
Management of harmful oral habits and malocclusions in children.
Dental care for Special Health Care needs children.
Pediatric dental trauma management, Esthetic pediatric dentistry and reventive dentistry.
LABS & FACILITIES
A child friendly reception area which is a ‘visual treat for children’, a State-of-the-art equipment’s including RVG, DIAGNODENT etc.
Research & Publications
The area of research includes: • Caries • Traumatology • Material science • Minimal invasive dentistry