CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Presently serves as Professor, having the responsibility of teaching undergraduate students, interns and postgraduates.
· Guiding the students in patient cases in diagnosis and treatment planning is very interesting.
· Research is an equally important aspect of specialization wherein guidance to postgraduates is given for their thesis dissertation and short studies. Being a coordinator and also a resource person for post graduate certificate course in Aesthetic dentistry has honed her interest in the field of aesthetics.
· Administrative responsibilities are well done. Serving as HOD as soon as she was promoted as professor doubled her learning speed in the field of administration, however as Associate Professor her service to the department as in charge HOD served her as a learning curve.
1. “Minimal Intervention Dentistry” Lecture delivered at A B Shetty Dental College, Mangalore on CDE “Management of incipient Carious lesion and reminerelization concept”. Date: 21st October 2009
2. “White and Pink the missing Link” Lecture delivered at IDA- Future Dental professionals, MCODS, Manipal. Date: 17th Nov 2012
3. “Creating Confident Smiles” Lecture delivered at 40th KSDC at B C Road, Mangalore. Date: 30th November 2012
4. “Sculpting a Smile” Lecture delivered at Yenopoya Dental College at CDE YENDOCON. Date: 21st March 2013
5. “Intricacies in Aesthetic Dentistry” lecture delivered at Nadagowda Dental College, Bagalkot for CDE ENDOCON 2013. Date: 8th March 2013
6. “Dental Artistry for Aesthetics” Keynote lecture delivered at ISPRP National Conference, Bangalore on 4th 5th and 6th October 2013.
7. “Management of Acute Dental pain” lecture delivered at IDA- Colgate Future Dental professional program, MCODS, Manipal. Date: Dec 2014
8. “Frills and Flares of Cast Gold Restorations” Lecture delivered at A B Shetty Dental College, Mangalore for CDE on Gold Restorations-All time Gold standards. Date: 30th January 2015.
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MDS (Masters in Dental Surgery)||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||AB Shetty Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore University||1997|
|BDS ( Bachelors in Dental Surgery)||A B Shetty Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore University||1995|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Conservative Dentistry, Endodontics, Aesthetic Dentistry
Area of Expertise
Conservation of Teeth, Root Canal Treatment
Area of Research
Newer Adhesive Materials
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of FODI, 1998.
- Life Member of IDA, 2008.
A comparative evaluation of propolis and 5.0% potassium nitrate as a dentine desensitizer: A clinical study
Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology - Vol 18, Issue 4, Jul-Aug 2014
Endodontic treatment of a mandibular first molar with 8 canals: a case report
Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics. ISSN 2234-7658 (print) / ISSN 2234-7666 (online) Publications
Dilemmas pertaining to three canals in the mesiobuccal root of a maxillary second molar: a case report
Restorative dentistry & endodontics. 08/2013; 38(3):172-7.
Mandibular lateral incisor with four root canals: A unique case of double tooth diagnosed using multidetector computed tomography
Imaging science in dentistry. 06/2013; 43(2):123-128.
Lobodontia: the unravelling of the wolf teeth
Romanian journal of morphology and embryology. 01/2013; 54(1):215-7.
Technique to Incorporate Mathematical Principles into Esthetic Dentistry
J of Massachusetts dental Society. Vol 62, No: 2, Summer 2013
Nanodentistry – A Review.
Indian Journal of Science and research. 4920;233-238,2013
Sound levels in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics clinic
Journal of Conservative Dentistry 2013 Mar-Apr; 16(2): 121–125.
Profilometric study to compare the effectiveness of various finishing and polishing techniques on different restorative glass ionomer cements
Puttur Laxmish Mallya Shashirashmi Acharya Vasudev Ballal Kishore Ginjupalli M. Kundabala Manuel Thomas
Journal of Interdisciplinary Dentistry 2013 Aug Vol-3 Issue-2
Isolated mucosal fenestration with localized gingival recession: Closure with an acellular dermal graft. A rare case report with two years follow up.
Saravana Karthik Vishal Sigh Subraya Bhat Shashi Rashmi Vasudev Ballal Vidya Saraswathi Divya Vinayachandran
Quintessence International Vol 47, issue 5, May 2016. 425-431