CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- She is responsible for classroom teaching and clinical supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate nursing students.
- Research co-guide for postgraduate dissertations.
- Advisor of Cultural Committee, SNA 2022-23.
- Member of the Editorial committee
- Course coordinator – BLS & First aid course for students of Manipal Centre of Business Practice.
She is a Lecturer in the Department of Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing, Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing - Theory & Practical||III Year BSc Nursing|
|Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing - Theory & Practical||II Year PBBSc Nursing|
|Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health ) - Practical||I Year MSc Nursing|
|Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health) - Practical||II Year MSc Nursing|
|Communicative English||I Semester BSc Nursing|
|English||I Year PBBSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing||Nursing||Army College of Nursing Jalandhar, Punjab under BFHUS, Faridkot||2012- 2016|
|Master of Science in Nursing||Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health)||KGMU College of Nursing, King Georges Medical University, Lucknow, UP.||2018-2020|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal||Lecturer||Academic and clinical supervision||February 8, 2021 till date|
|Ved College of Nursing, PIMS Baroli, Panipat||Clinical Instructor/Tutor||Academic and clinical supervision||November 7, 2016 to October 16, 2018|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Substance use disorder, psychiatric emergencies, Alcohol and liver disease & its management, psychology, biostatistics and research.
Area of Expertise
Mental Health Nursing, psychology, covid-training, psychological first aid, Research health ethics.
Area of Research
Adolescent and Sexuality, Substance use disorder, caregivers, opioid use, impact of Covid-19.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Registered member of UP Nursing Council
Additional Qualifications & Courses
- Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 course authorized by the University of Toronto
- Introduction to psychology course authorized by Yale University.
- Psychological First Aid course authorized by Johns Hopkins University
- Alcohol and liver & management of liver diseases by IBLS, AIIMS Delhi.
- ICMR - "A SAMARPAN Program (Prevention of Suicide, Substance abuse, abuse and Neglect, Eating problems, Peer pressure, managing emotions, and Behavioural problems) among children in primary school of Karnataka State”
Significant co-dependency, anxiety, depression and family burden among the caregivers of patients with opioid dependence syndrome: An observational study.
2022-01-01 Sudha Mishra Sujita Kumar Kar
Global psychiatry archives, 5(2), 90-105
The Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Developing Nations: Emerging Mental Health Challenges and Interventions.
2021-30-09 Flavia Sharlet Noronha Renjulal Yesodharan Asha K Nayak Dsa, R. J.
Indian Journal of Community Health, 33(3), 419–423. https://doi.org/10.47203/IJCH.2021.V33I03.002
Emerging risky sexual behaviour and substance abuse among adolescents.
Indian Journal of Health, Sexuality & Culture. 7 (1), ISSN 2581-575X. https://www.iisb.org./
Undergraduate - BSc Nursing
I Semester & III Year
Undergraduate - PBBSc Nursing
I Year & II Year
Postgraduate - MSc Nursing
I Year & II Year