CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is involved in teaching and clinical supervision of undergraduate students of BSc Nursing
- Is the Subject Co-coordinator of IV Semester – Professionalism, professional values & ethics including bioethics
- Is involved in planning, organizing, implementation, and evaluation of curricular activities.
- Performs planned and incidental teachings in the clinical area
- Helps in the organization of the departmental curricular, and extracurricular activities periodically
- Evaluates the performances of the faculty and students periodically
Vinitha D’Souza is a Lecturer in the Department of Fundamentals of Nursing, MCON, MAHE, Manipal.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||First and Second Semester BSc Nursing|
|Professionalism, professional values & ethics including bioethics||Fourth Semester BSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Master of Science in Nursing||OBG Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal, Karnataka State, India 2014||2014|
|Basic BSc Nursing||Nursing||Vidyarathna College of Nursing, Udupi||2009|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Fundamentals of Nursing, Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal.||Lecturer||26.12.2022 to till date|
|Dept of OBG Nursing, Yenepoya Nursing College, Yenepoya (Deemed to be) University.||Assistant Professor Stage- I||26.10.2021 to 21.12.2022|
|Dept of OBG Nursing, Yenepoya Nursing College, Yenepoya (Deemed to be) University.||Assistant Professor||1.10.2018 to 25.10.2021|
|Dept of OBG Nursing, Yenepoya Nursing College, Yenepoya (Deemed to be) University.||Lecturer||24.8.2015 to 31.9.2018|
|St. Ignatius Institute of Health Sciences, Honavar.||Lecturer||16.08.2014 to 18.08.2015|
|Vidyarathna College of Nursing, Udupi.||Assistant Lecturer||03.09.2010 to 31.07.2012|
|C.S.I Lombard Memorial Hospital, Nursing School, Udupi||Nursing tutor/Clinical Instructor||12.10.2009 to 02.09.2010|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
OBG Nursing, Nursing Research
Area of Expertise
Nursing Research, OBG Nursing
Area of Research
Research related to OBG Nursing
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Society of Midwives, India (Reg: No: 7761-2015)
2. Nursing Research Society of India. (Life Membership No: 2912)
3. Indian Red Cross Society, DK Branch (Membership No: 2050)
Knowledge of mothers on diaper dermatitis: A descriptive Survey.
August 2018 Anusree K Anu Thomas Ansu Samue Antriya Manuell Anojomol Johnson Anjusha C. P
European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol: 5, Issue: 9, pp: 453-57
Knowledge of varicose vein among security guards: A Descriptive Cross-Sectional Study.
Sepember 2016 Shintu Shinu Tabitha Thanuja Theertha
International Journal of Recent Scientific Research. Vol: 7, Issue:9: pp: 13316-13319
Psychosocial wellbeing and coping strategies of infertile women seeking infertility treatment.
June 20, 2015 Dr Judith Angelitta Noronha Shobha
Journal of infertility and Reproductive Biology. Vol 3, Issue (2): pp 176-08
Social support of infertile women seeking infertility treatment: A Cross sectional study
November 2014 Dr Judith Angelitta Noronha Shobha
Asia Pacific Journal of Research, Vol: I Issue XVIV, pp 82-89.