CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Dr. K Kiran Kumar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Pharmaceutical Microbiology Theory & Practical||B Pharm Semester III|
|Pharmaceutical Microbiology Theory & Practical||PharmD II Year|
|Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology||DPharm I Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||RNA Splicing||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER Mohali)||2020|
|M.S (Pharm) Biotechnology||Biotechnology||National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER Mohali)||2012|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, MCOPS, Manipal||Assistant Professor||Teaching and Research||March 2020-present|
|Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER-Mohali)||Project Fellow||Research||July-December 2013|
|National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER, Ahmedabad)||Project Fellow||Research||August 2012-June 2013|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular biology and Cancer Biology
Area of Expertise
RNA splicing, protein chemistry
Area of Research
Molecular biology, Cancer biology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Travel award from the RNA Society to attend RNA 2019 meeting in Krakow, Poland-2019
- Grant from DBT/CTEP, Govt. of India for RNA 2019 meeting in Krakow, Poland-2019.
- Travel grant from IISER Mohali to attend MaxQuant Summer School course at Max Planck Society, Berlin, Germany, July 2017.
- ICMR-JRF, January 2014- December 2018.
- Two-year fellowship awarded by Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt. of India, July 2010-2012.
- Member of The RNA Society, VA, USA.
Sde2 is an intron-specific pre-mRNA splicing regulator activated by ubiquitin-like processing
The EMBO Journal 2018; 37(1): 89-101. [IF-11.2]
Role of promoters in regulating alternative splicing
Gene, GENE-D-20-03846, (in press) [IF-2.9]
Pre-mRNA splicing function of the ubiquitin-like protein Hub1/UBL-5 in Caenorhabditis elegans
Revision in FEBS letters, FEBSL-20-1184 [IF-3.05]