CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- a coordinator for Physical Pharmaceutics I Practical (PCE-BP306P) of BPharm Sem III, Physical Pharmaceutics II Theory (PCE-BP403T) of BPharm Sem IV, Pharmaceutical Production Technology (PCE-MIP203T) of MPharm Sem II and Industrial Pharmacy Practical II (PCE-MIP205P) of MPharm Sem II.
- guiding MPharm and PhD students of Manipal Collage of Pharmaceutical Sciences, MAHE, Manipal.
- an investigator for research projects funded by Government and Private funding agencies.
- a member of “Disciplinary Council” and “Training & Placement Assistance Centre (TPAC)”, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal.
Dr. Lalit Kumar is an Assistant Professor (Senior Scale).
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Physical Pharmaceutics I (Theory and Practical)||PCE-BP302T and PCE-BP306P||BPharm Sem III|
|Physical Pharmaceutics II (Theory and Practical)||PCE-BP403T and PCE-BP407P||BPharm Sem IV|
|Novel Drug Delivery Systems||PCE-MIP103T||MPharm Sem I|
|Pharmaceutical Production Technology||PCE-MIP203T||MPharm Sem II|
|Industrial Pharmacy Practical I||PCE-MIP105P||MPharm Sem I|
|Industrial Pharmacy Practical II||PCE-MIP205P||MPharm Sem II|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)||Pharmaceutical Sciences - Nanotechnology||Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka, India||2016|
|Master of Pharmacy (MPharm)||Pharmaceutics||Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Sikkim, India||2009|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)||Pharmacy||Sardar Bhagwan Singh (PG) Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Research, Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India||2007|
|Diploma in Pharmacy (DPharm)||Pharmacy||Sri Guru Gobin Singh Institute of Pharmacy, Sect. 26, Chandigarh, India.||2003|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, MAHE, Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka.||Assistant Professor - Senior Scale||Dec 2014 to till date|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, MAHE, Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka.||Assistant Professor||Jan 2013 - Nov 2014|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, MAHE, Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka.||Lecturer||Nov 2010 - Dec 2012|
|Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, Sikkim Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Tadong, Gangtok, East Sikkim, India||Lecturer||Feb 2010 - Nov 2010|
|Himachal Institute of Pharmacy, Paonta Sahib, Sirmour, Himachal Pradesh, India - 173 025||Lecturer||July 2009 - Feb 2010|
Development of nanoformulation to reduce the hepatotoxicity of a drug. Research project funded by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, India.
Solid lipid nanoparticles of an anticancer agent for the treatment of colon cancer. Research project funded by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi, India.
Preparation and characterization of polymeric nanoparticles to enhancement the oral bioavailability of a BCS class II drug. Research project funded by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, India.
Design, preparation and characterization of lipid nanoparticles. Research project funded by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Karnataka, India.
Dr. Lalit Kumar has received following research projects from the Government funding agencies:
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Novel Drug Delivery System – Nanoparticles, Transdermal and Oral formulations.
Area of Expertise
Development and characterizations of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles (SLNs), Nanostructured Lipid Carriers (NLCs), Polymeric Nanoparticles, Transdermal Films/Gels and Trans-mucosal Films. Applications of Design of Experiments (DoE)/Quality by Design (QbD) in formulations developments.
Area of Research
Nanoparticles, targeted drug delivery, oral drug delivery and transdermal drug delivery.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Working on some research projects in collaboration with few Indian institutes.
Editorial Board Members and/or Reviewers
Reviewer of few reputed journals.
- Received Best poster award for "Vaginal zidovudine microcapsules for the treatment of heterosexually transmitted HIV infection” presented in Louis Pasteur memorial symposium (ICMR sponsored) National Symposium on Infectious Diseases from 8th August to 9th August 2008, Coimbatore, India.
- Received Second Prize in one day comprehensive programme on “Scope and Potential after Pharmacy” organised by Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (I.P.E.R.) and Himalayan Pharmacy Institute (H.P.I.), in 2009, Majhitar, Sikkim – 737 136.
- Ranked 29th in “National Level Pharmacy Talent Search examination – 2007” at India level organized by Pharma Helpline Society, Rajasthan, India.
- Received best poster award at Colloquy organized by Muniyal Institute of Ayurveda Medical Sciences, Manipal, 6th September 2013.
- Received second best poster award for “Design, preparation and optimization of valsartan polymeric nanoparticles using full factorial design” presented in 3rd International Non Communicable Diseases (NCD) Research Meet – Manipal Chapter – 2015 from 10th to 11th Jan 2015 at KMC, Manipal University, Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, India.
- Received first best poster award for “Design, preparation and optimization of telmisartan solid lipid nanoparticles using full factorial design” presented in Pharma Quora 2015, held in Feb. 2015 at Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India 576 104.
- Received first best poster award for “Polymeric nanosuspension of gefitinib: In vitro and in vivo characterizations” presented in 68th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, December 16-18, 2016, Andhra University Campus, Visakhapatnam, AP.
- Received Publons Peer Review Awards 2017 as one of the top 1% of peer reviewers in Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutics area globally.
- Received best oral presentation award for "Design, formulation an evaluation of nanostructured lipid carriers loaded topical cream of fluconazole” presented in 7th Annual International Conference & Exhibition of Society of Pharmaceutical Education & Research [SPER 2018], February 23rd - 24th, 2018, Chennai [Tamil Nadu], India.
- Received Publons Peer Review Awards 2018 as one of the top 1% of peer reviewers in Pharmacology and Toxicology area on Publons’ global reviewer database.
Current Memberships in professional Societies and Chapters
- Life member of The Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) – SI/LM-011.
- Registered Pharmacist with Himachal Pradesh State Pharmacy Council – 31946.
- Life member of Society of Pharmaceutical Education and Research – SPER/LM/KA/014.
- Life member of Association of Community Pharmacist of India (ACP) – KA-LM-227.
- Life member of The Pharma Helpline Society (PHS) – 4098.
- Life member of International Associations of Academicians and Researchers (INAAR) – INAAR/1120.
Full factorial design for optimization, development and validation of HPLC method to determine valsartan in nanoparticles
Saudi Pharm J. 23: 549-555 (2015).
Development and validation of a reverse phase HPLC method for estimation of lacidipine in nanoformulations
Latin Am. J. Pharm, 34(6): 1162-1166 (2015).
Preparation and characterisation of fluconazole vaginal films for the treatment of vaginal candidiasis
Indian J. Pharm Sci., 75(5): 585 - 590 (2013)
Microparticulated anti-HIV vaginal gel: In vitro - in vivo drug release and vaginal irritation study
Pharma Develop Tech. 16(5): 466-473 (2011).
Development and validation of a reverse phase HPLC method for the estimation of lacidipine in rat plasma: Application to preclinical pharmacokinetics
Lat Am J Pharm. 35(1): 124-129 (2016).
Validation of sensitive and robust reversed phase-HPLC method for determination of temozolomide
Lat. Am. J. Pharm. 2016, 35(1): 967-971.
Development and validation of a reverse phase HPLC method for the estimation of Lacidipine in rat plasma:application to preclinical pharmacokinetics
Lat. Am. J Pharm. 2016, 35(1): 124-129.
Development and validation of a stability-indicating RP-HPLC method by a statistical optimization process for the quantification of Asenapine maleate in lipidic nanoformulations.
Renuka S Managuli Ankita D Chonkar Rupesh K Shirodkar Shaila Lewis Meka Sreenivasa Reddy Srinivas Mutalik
J. Chrom Sci. 2016, 5:1-11.
Full publications list
Development of Injectable Formulation of Poorly Water Soluble Antifungal Drug by Cyclodextrin Complexation
PG Project (2015)
Polymeric Nanoformulation For The Treatment Of Colon Cancer: Optimization, Preparation, In Vitro Characterization And Preclinical Studies
PG project (2016)
Lipid Based Nano Drug Delivery System For Enhancement of Oral Bioavailability
PG project (2016)