Why Not MCOPS?
Choosing a college to pursue one’s education is as much important as choosing the course. For anyone opting for pharmacy education in India, MCOPS should be the first choice. This fifty-three-year-old institution has become the byword for quality education in pharmaceutical sciences from the diploma to postgraduate and doctoral programs. Here is why MCOPS scores over its peers in pharmaceutical education in India.
Ranked third among the thousand and odd pharmaceutical institutions of India, MCOPS boasts robust infrastructure and a seventy strong faculty. The teachers are well qualified with most of them having a doctorate degree. A large number of students from MCOPS secure GPAT scholarship and also perform well in other competitive examinations. Students are so well trained and educated that they readily fit into industry or pharmacy practice.
Clinical training at a teaching hospital is essential for training PharmD and PharmD Post Baccalaureate programs. MCOPS has access to the clinical facilities of Kasturba Medical College Hospital.
Postgraduate teaching is facilitated through the conduct of workshops, seminars, symposiums, and special guest lectures. Research facilities at MCOPS are of the highest order as the institution gets research grants from DST, DBT, CSIR, UGC, and other funding institutions. The college accounts for a large number of scientific publications annually in high-impact journals.
Located in the serene student-friendly atmosphere of Manipal, a hub of talents and skills, the institution has carved a niche for itself in education and research. MCOPS inculcates the basic skills, knowledge, and personality in its students to make them employable and that is the reason why MCOPS graduates are pharmacy professionals with a difference. MCOPS also has tie-ups with a number of industries that offer training and short-term projects to our students. Many stalwarts from the industry have been appointed as adjunct faculty in the institution. They visit MCOPS and teach our students and discuss with them the current issues and trends.
Our alumni spread across the world and occupying enviable positions in academia and industry are our brand ambassadors.
- Well-qualified and experienced faculty: A potent, powerful blend of academic experience and industry exposure, the faculty at Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences dons several hats on campus. They employ the latest teaching techniques, making extensive use of modern technology. Most are members of professional bodies, and advisors at academic forums.
- Multi-disciplinary campus: With many courses offered at Manipal Academy of Higher Education, students of MCOPS have an option to connect to the disciplines of his/her choice.
- Other facilities: Students pursuing an education at MCOPS get access to Manipal Academy of Higher Education’s facilities such as a library, MARENA, sports stadiums, swimming pool, and healthcare.
- International collaborations: To underscore global credentials, Manipal Academy of Higher Education and MCOPS have collaborated with foreign universities in all fields of study – engineering, medicine, communication, and the culinary arts. These collaborations are effective in deepening the knowledge and skills of our students and faculty. Also, as a spin-off, these provide opportunities for students to interact with visiting scientists, artists, and celebrities of international repute.
- Industry tie-ups: Partnerships with industry boost innovation and help students gain skills that equip them for fulfilling careers. MCOPS has affiliations with industries across the spectrum. It is a learning experience for a lifetime. Smart students turn these exposures to scale the ladder in their pursuit of a bright career.
- Placements: MCOPS is proactive in placing the students into positions of their preference. The institute has a well-organized placement team headed by a senior faculty member. There is a faculty coordinator from each department and also a student coordinator. On average, over 10 companies visit MCOPS for campus recruitments every year.
- There are world-class facilities and a business incubation centre at Manipal Academy of Higher Education – all these give students a head-start in life, and more.