Dr. M Vijaya Kini
Associate Director (Alumni, Public Relation & International Relation)
BE(Mech), MTech (Engineering Mgmt), PhD (Composite Materials)
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Plant Engineer at Carbo Ceramics Ltd, Mysore Karnataka from 1986-91
Areas of interest in teaching
He has been teaching various undergraduate and postgraduate subjects such as mechanical engineering science, production techniques, metrology, instrumentation and measurements, machine drawing, operations research, project management for the past 17 years. He has also guided more than 20 undergraduate projects.
Top research publications / projects
- Effect of machining parameters on surface roughness and material removal rate in finish turning of 30 glass fibre reinforced polymer pipes.
- A pressured steam jet approach to tool wear minimization in cutting of metal matrix composites.
- Effect of Groove Location on the Dynamic Characteristics of Multiple Axial Groove Water Lubricated Journal Bearing.
- Physio-chemico-thermo-mechanical properties of selected biodegradable polymers.