Dr. Somashekara Bhat
Associate Director (Development)
BE, MTech (Industrial Electronics), PhD (MEMS Technology)
Professor in the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Head of the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engg., 2014 – 2016.
- Currently Professor in the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Lecturer at NMAMIT, Nitte from 1990 to 1995
Current academic and administrative responsibilities
- Associate Director (Development) at MIT Manipal
- Professor in the Dept of Electronics & Communication Engg, MIT, Manipal.
- PG Coordinator for MTech in Digital Electronics & Advanced Communication Programme.
- Faculty-in-charge for VU2MHC, MIT HAM Club.
- Coordinator for Department of Continuing Education & Student Counselling, MIT, Manipal.
- IP Chair of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Member of Manipal Academy of Higher Education PhD Protocol Approval Committee
Membership of professional organizations
- Member of Indian Society for Technical Education.
- Member of Institution of Engineers (IE), Kodagu Chapter.
- Member of Amateur Radio Society of India (ARSI).
- Member of Institute of Smart Structures and Systems (ISSS) and Member of Kannada Sahithya Parishath.
Areas of interest in teaching
His areas of interest in teaching and research include Analog Electronics, Power Electronics, VLSI Process Technology and MEMS Technology.