Dr. (Cdr) Anil Rana
Department of Aeronautical & Automobile Engineering
Qualification: B.E.(Mechanical Engineering, IIT Mumbai), M. Tech.(Industrial Tribology and Maintenance Management in Marine Engineering,, IIT Delhi), Ph.D. (Reliability Engineering, IIT Mumbai), MESC – Marine Engineering Specialisation Course
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative function and operation management of the Institute
- Human resource planning, development and management
- International collaboration for research, teaching and learning
- Academic functioning of the institute
- Research and development in emerging areas of science and technology
- Promotion of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst Students and Faculty
- Training and placement management of students
- Reliability engineering, maintenance engineering management, stochastic petrinets, machine learning, fuzzy and neuro-fuzzy applications in the field of maintenance engineering and management.
Director, MIT Manipal
Areas of Interest
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Dr Anil Rana has over 30 years of experience in the Industry and Academics. Prior to his academic service, he served as a Commander in the engineering branch of the Indian Navy in various roles. He has a Ph.D. in Reliability Engineering from IIT Mumbai and M Tech from IIT (Delhi). Post the naval service he served as Associate Dean (Research) and Professor (Mechanical Engineering) in Fiji National University in Fiji Islands for five years followed by Dean(Academics) and Professor in Symbiosis Skills and Open University, Pune. He was the Dean, Faculty of Manufacturing Skills and Dean(Academics) in BSDU, Jaipur before taking over as Vice-Chancellor of Oriental University Indore in February 2021. His research interests lie in the field of Reliability Engineering, maintenance engineering management, stochastic petrinets, machine learning, fuzzy and neuro-fuzzy applications in the field of maintenance engineering. He has a long list of publications in International and National Journals that includes various book chapters in Springer publications.