The Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering program is designed to impart both theoretical and experimental knowledge and the curriculum includes
- Chemical Engineering laboratories with sophisticated equipment.
- A computer lab with softwares such as ASPEN, ANSYS (CFD), COMSOL.
- Regular guest lectures by professionals.
- IAESTE technical training program in which students visit countries like USA, Germany, Poland, Turkey, Spain, Denmark.
- Chemical, petroleum and petrochemical industries; biochemical, biomedical and pharmaceuticals industries; computer aided process and control engineering; advanced materials design and manufacture; minerals processing and related industries; food processing, product design and development; environmental protection, management and safety; natural resource utilization and the energy sector, consultancy, research labs.
- Organizations like Exxon Mobil, Reliance, ABB, L&T, HUL, Jindal Steels, Vedanta, BASF, MCF, Michelin India, etc.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:Graduates will pursue careers in Chemical Engineering and related fields of engineering such as oil and gas, petrochemicals, biochemical, environmental, material science and renewable energy.
- PEO2:Graduates will use modern engineering knowledge, skills and computational methods to identify, formulate and solve engineering and design related problems.
- PEO3:Graduates will demonstrate team work, leadership, ethical conduct and problem solving skills and provide appropriate solutions in global, social, environmental and economic context.
- PEO4:Graduates will be motivated to enroll for the post graduate courses and the continuing education programs, and demonstrate life-long independent learning.
Program Specific Objectives (PSO)
- PSO1:Apply the principles of unit operations and unit processes to design chemical process equipment.
- PSO2:Develop, Model, Simulate and optimize the chemical process systems.
- PSO3:Recommend sustainable solutions for environmental and energy engineering related challenges.
Program Outcomes (PO)
On successful completion of the chemical engineering program, the students will be able to
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Outline - B.Tech Chemical
B.Tech Chemical course outline