The B.Tech program in Media Technology gives students a unique scope to venture into media production, commercial printing, publishing and e-publishing, advertising solutions, designing and digital printing, colour management solutions, software solution for print industry, security printing, print finishing and converting, packaging solutions, machine manufacturing / service, research and development.
The Department of Media Technology has the best laboratory facilities in the country. These are the labs available for students to pursue this program:
- Colour science lab
- Media lab
- PG Quality Testing Lab
- Print finishing & Converting Lab
- Packaging Technology Lab
- Prepress & PG research Lab
- Flexographic Lab
- Screen printing Lab
- Gravure Lab
These Laboratories are equipped with :
- Latest software from Esko Graphics for Packaging designing
- Xitron Navigator RIP and Technova PoliRIP for prepress technology
- IGT Printability Tester and KPP Flexo proofer for Quality Testing,
- X- rite devices and software to study colour Management
- Hybrid Flexo Cum Gravure Machine and Auto Print offset machines for printing purposes
- Graduates can be entrepreneurs, consultants or a freelancers in digital photography, graphic designing, copy writer, sound engineering, graphics, multimedia & web design , animation technology, printing material testing, colour analysis & reproduction, and e-publishing.
- After completing the program, graduates can go for higher studies or can write GRE/TOEFL and apply for further studies abroad in universities like Rochester Institute of Technology, London College of Communication, Chemnitz University of Technology, and other universities in UK, US, Germany, Australia and Canada. Students interested in Management subjects can also opt for Master's in Business Administration.