The M.Tech program in Energy Systems and Management offered by the Department of E & E is an advanced PG program designed to meet the academic requirements in the energy and illumination engineering fields and to train students as 'Energy Managers' in process industries.
In the present context of acute energy crisis and the need to have good energy managers / auditors in every industry; there is wide scope for this PG program.
- The curriculum based on a credit scheme is updated periodically to reflect changes in the energy management auditing and lighting profession in consultation with experts and renowned academic institutions. Some innovative practices are included as part of the curriculum like practice school, mini projects associated with lab and theory courses, continuous evaluation, relative grading, etc.
- The department has links with leading industries and has a well-connected alumni network. Infrastructure facilities include well equipped laboratories, including Integrated Electronics Lab, Power Electronics & Drives Lab (UG & PG), Electrical Machinery Lab, Circuits and Measurements Lab, Microprocessors and Embedded Systems Lab, Lighting Simulation & Measurements Lab (PG) and Departmental Library.
- Department organizes regular visits to reputed industries and power stations.
- All the lecture halls are provided with state-of-the-art facilities such as LCD Projectors, audio visual aids.
- The department also arranges guest lectures from academic and industrial experts of repute regularly for the benefit of faculty as well as students.
- The students are encouraged to present and publish their project work in reputed national / international conferences/ journals.
Some of the major companies where the students get placed are ABB, GE Home & Business Solution, GMR Energy, L&T, Philips Electronics, Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting, Canara Lighting, Osram, Schneider Electrical, Wipro Ltd, Reliance Infrastructure, HBL Power System, Greenwich Hexen Energy Solution, Synco Lite India, Tata Elxsi, Honeywell, AMU Energy Solution, DRDO, Strategic Technologies and Applied Cognition Systems.
M.Tech Energy Systems & Management course outline