Dean & Professor of Biochemistry
Melaka Manipal Medical College
- Dean, MMMC, since May 2010
- Associate Dean, MMMC, Manipal since Feb, 2010
- Professor of Biochemistry, MMMC, Manipal since October, 2002
- Associate Professor , MMMC, Manipal from August 1998 to October 2002
- Assistant Professor, MMMC, Manipal from February 1995 to August 1998
- Assistant Professor of Biochemistry, KMC, Manipal from August 1993 to February 1995
- Postgraduate/Tutor at KMC, Mangalore from August 1990 to June 1993.
- Administrative responsibilities as Dean, MMMC, Manipal
- Teaching Biochemistry to Phase I Stage I medical and dental students of Melaka Manipal Medical College, students of allied health sciences of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Post Graduate students
- Conducting PBL sessions, SDL activities, theory and practical examinations and their evaluation
- Serving as external examiner for university examinations of other institutions of the university
- Serving as a faculty mentor for a group of medical students
- Guiding students for mentored student projects
- Actively involved in research in Biochemistry and innovations in medical education
Guiding PhD students.
Areas of Interest in teaching
All areas of Biochemistry, Chemical Pathology.
Top 5 research publications/ Projects
- Kamath U, Association of cigarette smoking with superoxide dismutase enzyme levels in subjects with chronic periodontitis. Journal of periodontology, 2009.
- Kamath U, Activated epidermal growth factor receptor as a novel target in pancreatic cancer therapy. Journal of Proteome Research, 2008.
- Kamath U, Perspectives on self-directed learning-the importance of attitudes and skills. Bioscience education, 2007.
- Kamath U, Maternal and fetal indicators of oxidative stress during intrauterine growth retardation. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry (January 2006).
- Kamath U, Maternal and fetal indicators of oxidative stress in various obstetric complications. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 2003.