CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- first year MBBS and BDS students of MMMC through regular lecture classes, PBL and SDL sessions as well as practical sessions.
- Semester 2 students of allied health courses
- Is involved in periodic assessment of students through theory as well as practical examinations by setting up block exam question papers and university exam question paper.
- Is PBL Coordinator and also involved in orienting new batch of MBBS students and faculty to the practice of PBL at MMMC.
- Conducts PBL by both batches of year I MBBS students by scheduling of PBL/SDL sessions, reconstitution of PBL batches periodically.
- Coordinates activities of different blocks of MBBS, BDS courses in year 1
Indira Adiga K teaches
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Biochemistry||I and II semester, Phase I, Stage I MBBS at Melaka Manipal Medical College (MMMC), Manipal|
|Biochemistry||I and II semester, Phase I, Year I BDS at Faculty of Dentistry, Melaka Manipal Medical College (MMMC), Manipal|
|Biochemistry||Semester 2 & 4 courses of School of Allied Health Sciences (SOAHS), Manipal &|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) from||Cardiac biology||Sree Chitra Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||2005|
|MSc (Masters in Science)||Biochemistry||MAHE||1995|
|BSc (Bachelor of Science)||Mangalore University||Bhandarkars' Arts & Science College, Kundapur||1992|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Professor in Biochemistry||August 2013 to present|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Associate Professor in Biochemistry||June 2010 to July 2013|
|Department of Biochemistry - MMMC, Manipal||Assistant Professor in Biochemistry||July 2006 to June 2010|
|ICHS, Manipal||Lecturer||Taught biochemistry to students of MBBS course of Ameican University of Antigua & Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal||September 1997 to August 1999|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Area of Expertise
Isolation and maintenance of cardiac myocytes and fibroblasts in culture
Area of Research
Free radicals in cardiomyocyte hypertrophy
Orienting incoming medical students to the process of PBL through video
2011-01-01 Bincy M George