CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Updates intended learning outcomes in physiology for MBBS students.
- Is examiner for MBBS and BDS university examinations.
- Contributes in the revision of the Physiology practical manual of MMMC
- Prepares of theory question papers for medical and paramedical internal assessment and university examinations.
- Invigilator for MBBS block and university examinations.
- Is Coordinator for MBBS block exams.
- Plans and schedules time table for MBBS and BDS students.
James Gonsalves conducts lecture classes, practical, SDL and PBL.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Subject code||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Ph.D.||Medical Education||Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||2015|
|FAIMER Fellow 2009||Medical Education||CMC- Ludhiana||2011|
|Certificate course in Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Methodology||Biostatistics||Department of Statistics, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2008|
|MSc (Master of Science)||Medical Physiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Physiology - MMMC, Manipal||Selection Grade Lecturer||2011 - 2015|
|Department of Physiology - MMMC, Manipal||Senior Grade Lecturer||2005 - 2010|
|Department of Physiology - MMMC, Manipal||Associate Professor||2015 - Till date|
|Father Muller Medical College, manipal||Lecturer||1998-2005|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Medical Education, Cardiovascular Physiology and Neurophysiology
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Asymmetric testicular levels in the crotch: A thermodynamic perspective
Medical Hypothesis, 2009.
Practice of self-medication among medical students in Manipal
International Research Journal of Pharmaceutical and Applied Sciences, 2013.
Depression and anxiety in heart failure patients in a South Indian population: A pilot study
Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013.
Quality of life of head and neck cancer patients receiving cancer specific treatments