The MIT Innovation Centre was established to commemorate the golden jubilee of MIT. The aim of the centre is to nurture innovation and entrepreneurship among students, faculty and people of the region.
- facilitates inter-disciplinary research and innovative solutions,
- provides basic funding in the form of a seed-fund to transform an idea/concept into a product,
- provides resources for start-ups,
- arranges workshops to create awareness among students and faculty,
- educates people about patents and the patenting process; generates 10 patentable ideas per year,
- facilitates at least two innovative products from the university that are useful to society.
- IT in health care and agriculture,
- Renewable energy and energy conservation.
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Technology Development Board (TDB)
- The Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises
- National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB)
The above agencies provide financial assistance to incubatee companies in the form of grants, interest free loans, soft loans or equity particiaption over a period of five years.
- 16000 sq ft of space,
- State-of-the-art lab for design, emulation, testing for electrical sciences,
- Photovoltaic lab,
- Dental implant manufacturing facility.
- Patents filed - 6
- External fund sanctioned for Innovation and Incubation (DST).
Central Instrumentation Facility (CIF)
Click here to know more
Ground Floor, Innovation Centre
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)
Manipal - 576 104,
Ph: +91 820 2925055 (O)
Fax: +91 820 2571071