CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- K Satyamoorthy is the Director at School of Life Sciences. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal.
- He is Professor and Head of the Department of Cell & Molecular Biology, School of Life Sciences. MAHE, Manipal
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Biochemistry||Bombay University (Bombay, India)||1987|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|School of Life Sciences||Director||2006 - till date|
|Division of Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences||Senior Scientist and Professor||2001 - 2006|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Research
Development of DNA/RNA based suppressor elements for cancer, Epigenetic mechanisms of tumour cell growth, Constitutively active signalling mechanisms in cancer, Host factors influencing metabolic disorders, Pharmacogenomics studies for human diseases, Development of diagnostic tests for human diseases
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Editorial Board Member of “Cancer Biology and Therapy”, “Public Health and Genomics” and The Scientific World Journal”
- Member American Association for Cancer Research since 1996
- President, Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine - India
- Vice President, Life Member, Indian Society of Human Genetics
- Vice President, Life Member, Society of Biological Chemists
- Life Member, Society for Mitochondrial Research and Medicine - India
- Life Member, Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists (IABMS)
- Life Member, National Academy of Biological Sciences (NABS)
- Life Member, Environmental Mutagen Society of India, Mumbai
- Life Membership of Society for Biotechnologists (India), Cochin
- Member, Biotechnology Consortium of India Ltd.
- Member of the Expert group on Translational Research for Products and Processes from Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of the DBT, GOI, New Delhi
- Member of the Expert Group on the Pharmacogenomics of the ICMR, GOI, New Delhi
- Member of the Academic Committee of the Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), GOI, New Delhi.
- Member of the Research Advisory Board of the Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Madurai.
- Member of expert group of ICMR-AYUSH, GOI, New Delhi.
- Honorary Professor, School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- Awarded with four US and International patents; six under consideration on aspects of cancer
- Dr TMA Pai Endowment Chair in Translational Genome Science
- Erasmus Mundus Professor, France, EU – 2011 – 2014.
- Dr. P.A.Kurup Memorial Endowment Award – 2013
- Visiting Professor, UNSW, Sydney, Australia – 2008
- Research Scientist, Wistar Institute, Philadelphia – 2003
- Wesley Fellowship, Kansas, USA – 1988
- Birla Fellowship, Mumbai– 1987
- Lady Tata Fellowship, Mumbai– 1985
Full Publications List
Targeted sequencing-based analyses of candidate gene variants in ulcerative colitis associated colorectal neoplasia
2017-18-05 Br J Cancer
Chakrabarty S, Varghese VK, Sahu P, Jayaram P, Shivakumar BM, Pai CG and Satyamoorthy K.
Replication and Relevance of Multiple Susceptibility Loci Discovered from Genome Wide Association Studies for Type 2 Diabetes in an Indian Population.
2016-16-06 PLoS One 16: 11: e0157364
Phani NM, Adhikari P, Nagri SK, D'Souza SC, Satyamoorthy K, Rai PS
Genome Wide Analysis of Ayurveda Prakriti
2015-29-10 Scientific Reports 5: 15786
Govindaraj P, Nizamuddin S, Sharath A, Jyothi V, Rotti H, Raval R, Nayak J, Bhat BK, Prasanna BV, Shintre P, Sule M, Joshi KS, Dedge AP, Bharadwaj R, Gangadharan GG, Nair S, Gopinath PM, Patwardhan B, Kondaiah P, Satyamoorthy K, Valiathan MV, Thangaraj K
Mitochondrial Biology: From Molecules to Disease Symposium.
2015-24-09 Mitochondrion 24: 93-98
Kabekkodu SP, Chakrabarty S, Shukla V, Varghese VK, Singh KK, Thangaraj K, Satyamoorthy K