Dr G Arun Maiya
- Junior physiotherapist at Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal from October, 1990 to December, 1993.
- Assistant Lecturer cum Tutor in Physiotherapy at KMC, Manipal from December, 1997 to June, 1999.
- Assistant Professor in Department of Physiotherapy in School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education from 1999 to 2004.
- Associate Professor & Head of Department of Physiotherapy in School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal from 2004 to 2009.
- Associate Dean, School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal from 2005 t0 2012.
- Professor & Head of Department of Physiotherapy, School of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal from 2009 to 2012.
- Associate Director, Alumni Relations, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal from 2013 to 2017.
- Professor & Dr. TMA Pai Endowment Chair, Department of Physiotherapy, SOAHS, MAHE from 2013 to 2016.
- Associate Dean & Professor, SOAHS, MAHE from 2017 to 2019.
- Professor & Dean, SOAHS, MAHE from 2019 till date.
- Chief- Centre for Diabetic Foot Care and Research, MAHE, Manipal
- Vice President, Indian Medical Laser Therapy Association
- Director, Peta Vista Health Care & IT Solutions Ltd.
- Membership Director- World Association of Laser Therapy
Awards & Fellowships:
- FAIR: Best Researcher of year Award in the Specialty of Allied Health Sciences 2019
- Dr. TMA Pai Gold Medal outstanding Research 2018
- Certified Clinical Podiatry Physiotherapy Specialist, Indian Podiatry Association 2017
- American Podiatry Medical association, USA 2017
- Accredited Foot Balance Medical Expert, Finland Podiatry Medical Association, Finland 2016
- International Travel award by North American Association of Laser Therapy and International Association for Study in Pain 2014
- Excellence in Photo Medicine Award 2014
- Outstanding contribution award in enhancing the level of Physiotherapy education 2014
- Dr. TMA Pai Endowment Chair in Exercise Science & Health promotion 2013
- UKIERI (UK-India Educational Research Initiative) travel award 2012
- Certified examiner for quality management by IMC 2012
- Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award
- Spinal Cord Society gold medal award for excellence in rehabilitation 2009
- Spinal Cord Society Rehabilitation fellowship at Midland Centre for Spinal Injuries 2009
- ITREOH fellowship for training of trainees in interventional research methodology at University of Alabama at Birmingham 2009
- Fogarty International Centre fellowship for advanced training in Occupational health and Interventional Research at School of Public Health, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA 2008
- IAP Oration Award by Indian Association of Physiotherapists 2005
- Distinguished Alumni Award by Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences 2005
- Short term fellowship on Effect of low level laser therapy in the Prevention and treatment of radiation induced mucositis at University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, Faculty of Medicine, Nice, France. 2004
- Senior Scientific Paper Award: National Conference of Indian Association of Physiotherapist. 2002
- President, Indian Podiatry Association, Karnataka Chapter
- Certified Clinical Podiatry Specialist.
- Guided 10 PhD scholars of full time and under Dr. TMA Pai Scholarship till date.
- Member: NCPDCS & NPHCE program of State Surveillance Unit,
- Directorate of health & family welfare, Government of Karnataka
- Member: PhD Advisory Board, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,
- Bangalore & Charusat University, Gujarat, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, Saveetha University Chennai, Charutour University, Gujarat, Yenepoya University Mangalore
- ASSESSOR: National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Government of India
- Inspector: Indian Association of Physiotherapist
- Expert member in consensus meeting on “ICF CORE SETS FOR HEAD AND NECK CANCER” a joint project between Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich, Germany and World Health Organization at Notwil, Switzerland 2007.
- Nodal officer and expert in ICF team, by Central Bureau of health Intelligence, Ministry of health and Family welfare, Government of India since 2007
Areas of Interest in Teaching:
Diabetic foot, Tissue healing, Low Level Laser, Chronic Pain, Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, Cancer rehabilitation, Women’s health, Ergonomics
Top 5 research publications/ Projects
- Bairapareddy KC, Maiya AG, Kumar P, Nayak K, Guddattu V, Nayak V. Effect of aerobic exercise on echocardiographic epicardial adipose tissue thickness in overweight individuals. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 2018; 11:303-12.
- Kumar AS, Maiya AG, Shastry BA, Vaishali K, Ravishankar N, Hazari A, et al.Exercise and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2019; 62(2): 98-103.
- Gundmi S, Maiya AG, Bhat AK, Ravishankar N, Hande MH, Rajagopal KV. Hand dysfunction in type 2 diabetes mellitus: Systematic review with meta-analysis. Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2018; 61(2): 99-104.
- Jadhav RA, Hazari A, Monterio A, Kumar S, Maiya AG. Effect of Physical Activity Intervention in Prediabetes: A Systematic Review With Meta-analysis.J Phys Act Health. 2017; 14(9): 745-55.
- Hazari A, Maiya AG, Shivashankara KN. Foot Kinetic and Kinematic Profile in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with Peripheral Neuropathy A Hospital-Based Study from South India. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2019; 109(1):36-49.
- Dr. Maiya has received prestigious grants from National and International agencies (ICMR, DST, DBT, BRNS, DSIR, WHO, WDF, DBT)
- Design and Development of pain relieving instrument-National Research & Development Corporation, Government of India