The Manipal College of Health Professions, MAHE was established in 1999 as the first institution in India exclusively dedicated to the education of allied health professionals. The school envisions training healthcare professionals who can create a difference in the quality of life of individuals, both physically and mentally.
The institution offers Bachelors's, Masters and Doctoral degree programs. It is attached to Kasturba Hospital, one of the best tertiary care hospitals of southern India.
MCHP has been rated as 'Excellent' by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), the statutory body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India in April 2008.
The Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman has approved the school for the training of its nationals in the regular and bridge programs. The Ministry of Health, Government of India has considered the school as the model for its proposed National and Regional Institutes of Allied Health Sciences (NIAHS and RIAHS).
Manipal College of Health Professions has collaborations with
- Health Professions Council (HPC), UK
- World Federation of Occupational Therapy (WFOT)
- Spastics Society of Karnataka
- Manipal Cure and Care Pvt. Ltd
- Bishop Cotton Cricket Academy
MCHP Mangalore has the following departments:
- Department of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Department of Cardiovascular Technology
- Department of Medical Imaging Technology
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Radiotherapy
- Department of Renal Replacement & Dialysis Technology
- Department of Respiratory Therapy
MCHP Mangalore offers following programs:
At Department of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology :-
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP)
- Master of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (MASLP)
At Department of Physiotherapy :-
At Department of Cardiovascular Technology :-
At Department of Medical Imaging Technology :-
At Department of Psychology :-
At Department of Radiotherapy :-
- Bachelor in Radiotherapy Technology
- PhD in Medical Radiation Physics
At Department of Renal Replacement & Dialysis Technology :-
At Department of Respiratory Therapy :-
Life at Manipal made me stronger and allowed me to take a step ahead in being an independent woman. I love infrastructure and International life here. I truly appreciate every single moment I spent at MAHE
BSc. Medical Imaging Technology
MAHE gave me the confidence to grow personally and professionally, it’s a place of learning, fun, culture, love, literature and more. It gave me an opportunity to enrich my knowledge, learn and grow.
BSc. Nuclear Medicine Technology
Life in Manipal is unique due to the tranquility we obtain in a contrastingly vibrant town. MAHE and especially the Department of OT have always helped to provide facilities and create the best environment for studying.
Vu Thi Loan
BSc. Occupational Therapy
Nothing is impossible, I can do it." MAHE has made me strong- it respects and preserves all cultures. The different collegiate events have made me more confident. I will leave this University as a more independent person.
Bachelor of Audio and Speech Pathology