CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs and coordinates administrative works in the department.
- Conducts clinical rounds.
- Prepares patient specific respiratory care plan.
- Transports patient to and from ICU’s to both intra and inter-hospital.
- Is involved in cardiopulmonary resuscitation team.
- Assists several invasive and non-invasive procedures in ICU.
Mr. Ramesh Unnikrishnan is In-charge Head of the Department and Assistant Professor - Senior Scale in Department of Respiratory Therapy at SOAHS, Manipal.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Respiratory Therapy Science 1||First year|
|Applied Cardiopulmonary Anatomy and Physiology||Second year|
|Critical Care Medicine 1 and 2||Postgraduate, First year and Second year|
|Advanced Respiratory Therapy Science 1 and 2||Postgraduate, First year and Second year|
|Basic Sciences||Postgraduate, First year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MSc||Respiratory Therapy||Adult Respiratory Care, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2010|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|SOAHS, Manipal||Assistant Professor||2010- 2013|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Non-Invasive Ventilation, Ventilator Graphics, Aerosol Therapy, Cardiac Life Support, Patient Transportation (intra and inter hospital), Cardiopulmonary Monitoring, Critical Care Medicine.
Area of Expertise
Ventilator Graphics, Mechanical Ventilation.
Area of Research
Organ phosphorus Poisoning, Newer modes of Ventilation, Recruitment Maunders in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
• Lifetime Member of Indian Association Respiratory Care (IARC).
• Life Member of Indian Association of Respiratory Care.
• Web Member American Association of Respiratory Care.
• Member of Sliver – under 35 Category European Respiratory Society.