The Manipal School of Architecture and Planning (MSAP), is a constituent of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, (MAHE) started in 1978 with a Bachelor of Architecture degree under Mysore University. The institution came under the newly established Mangalore University in 1980 as Department of Architecture. In October 2003, MAHE renamed the Department of Architecture as Faculty of Architecture.
In 2010, it became the 22nd institute of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, India. In April 2019, MAHE renamed the Faculty of Architecture as Manipal School of Architecture and Planning.
- The department has a Bachelor of Architecture program and Masters program with.
- It was ranked 1st in category of Super Excellence in Global Human Resource Development Centre Pvt. Ltd. (GHRDC), New Delhi, Architecture College Surveys 2019.
- It was ranked 10th in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2018, Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India.
- It was ranked 10th among top architectural schools in India by Outlook Magazine in July 2013.
- It is recognised by the Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi, and is ISO 9001:2008 ISO 4001:2004 certified.
- It is an institutional member of Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH), New Delhi.