The School of Life Sciences (SLS), Manipal established in 2002, became an independent identity in 2006 and is one of the top biotechnological institutes of the country.
SLS is identified as TIFAC-CORE (Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment Council Centres of Relevance & Excellence) under vision 2020 in the area of Pharmacogenomics. It actively promotes advanced research in India and abroad, supported by DBT, GOI in Translational Medicine, ICMR, DST, BRNS and several other industry partners.
The mission statement of the centre is to engage in cutting edge research, training, education and offer help to the community in the field of human health.
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure, well qualified researchers & faculty and nationally and internationally acclaimed research and translational programs related to human health
- Supported by FIST, Government of India
- Program Supports from Department of Biotechnology, Government of India in Translational Research
- Selected under K-FIST program
- Selected as BT finishing school by Govt of Karnataka
- Indian Institute of Science (Bangalore)
- CCMB (Hyderabad)
- Sri Ramachandra University (Chennai)
- Mangalore University (Mangalore)
- University of Madras (Chennai)
- University of Pune (Pune)
- NIMHANS (Bangalore)
- JIPMER (Puducherry)
- IGIB (New Delhi).
Tie-up for twinning program with the Maastricht University (The Netherlands) for MSc Bioinformatics degree. Collaborations for research and academics with:
- University of Queensland (Australia)
- Queensland University of Technology (Australia)
- Flinders University (Australia)
- The Wistar Institute (USA)
- University of Alabama (USA)
- University of California (USA)
- Helmholtz Research Centre
- Munich (Germany)
- University of Kyoto (Japan)
- University of Nottingham (United Kingdom)
- Lancaster University (United Kingdom)
- Edinburgh Napier University (Scotland)
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Miami (USA)
- Joseph Fourier University (France)
- University of Lille (France).
- Bhat Biotech
- Himalaya India
- Johnson & Johnson
- Natural Remedies
- Panacea Biotech
- Piramal Life Sciences
Research & Publication
It actively promotes advanced research in India and abroad. Research and developmental activities are also supported by DBT, GOI in Translational Medicine, ICMR, DST, BRNS and several other industry partners. The areas of research include Biotechnology, Radiobiology and Toxicology and Biophysics.
MU has best-in-class facilities for students of all constituent institutes
Access to hospital facilities gives student hands-on training
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre facilitates multi-disciplinary research
Laboratories give students the opportunity for practical experience
Sports & Fitness
Marena has world-class facilities with courts for badminton, tennis, soccer & squash, as well as a well-equipped gymnasium
Libraries give students access to study resources, digital and print
Student hostels are their homes away from homes
MAHE is where people are motivated to acquire knowledge and engage the world around them.
Rahul Babu Kodali
MAHE has provided a great platform for all students to explore themselves – personally and professionally.
Manipal is a place which moulded my character and made me what I am today.
Interacting with people from all over the world in a free environment has helped me become receptive to change.
Best-in-class infrastructure and a curriculum that makes learning fun – Manipal is the place to be.
My teachers are my mentors. They have helped me grow academically and personally.