Dr B Suresh Kumar Shetty
Associate Dean and Professor
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Associate Dean, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
- Deputy Superintendent, Examinations at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.
- State Medico legal Consultant for Govt of Karnataka.
- Chairman Board of Studies, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Forensic Medicine)
B Suresh Kumar Shetty teaches Forensic Medicine.
He is also:
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Forensic Medicine||Third, Fourth, Fifth|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2004|
|MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1999|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Associate Dean and Professor||01/12/2020 - till date|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Professor||12/02/2015 - 30/11/2020|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Professor & Head||2012 - 11/02/2015 & 18/06/2015 - 22/07/2019|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor & In-charge Head||2011-2012|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||2009-2011|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2005-2009|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Public Health , Epidemiology , Suicidology , Traffic Medicine , Toxicology
Area of Expertise
Medical Ethics , Law in Relation to Medicine , Medical Education , Endocrinology
Area of Research
Forensic Medicine , Forensic Pathology , Forensic Anthropology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of the Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine.
- Life member of the Karnataka Medico-legal Society.
- Life member of the South India Medico-legal Association.
- Life member of the Indian Medical Association.
- Life member of the Asia Pacific Association of Medical Toxicology.
- Analytical Toxicology & Forensic DNA Typing- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin, 2006
- Torture Medicine, IMA AKN SINHA Institute, New Delhi, 2011
- Organizing Secretary for 34th Annual National Conference of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore from 1st- 3rd Feb 2013.
- Organizing Chairman for CME on “Forensic Odontology” conducted by Dept. of Forensic Medicine, KMC, Mangalore at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 3rd March 2012.
- Organizing Secretary for Awareness Programme on “Road Safety - Alert today Alive tomorrow” conducted by Dept. of Forensic Medicine, KMC, Mangalore at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 3rd November 2011.
Legal Terrorisom in Domestic Violence- An Indian Outlook.
2012-01-01 Rao JPP Shetty AS
Medico-Legal journal 2012; 80(1):33-39.
Victim Profile and Pattern of Thoraco-Abdominal Injuries Sustained in Fatal Road Traffic Accidents.
2012-01-01 Kanchan T Menezes RG Bakkannavar SM Nayak VC, Yoganarashima K
Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. 2012; 34 (1): 17-20.
Postmortem diagnosis of acute haemorrhagic pancreatitis
2012-01-01 Boloor A Menezes RG Shetty M Menon A, Nagesh KR, Pai MR, Mathai AM, Rastogi P, Kanchan T, Naik R, Salian PR, Jain V, George AT
Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. 2010; 17: 316-320.
Marital rape – The Dark World behind the Veil of Marriage
2010-01-01 Majumdar KP Rastogi P Salian PR Shetty M , Ullal H
International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Legal Medicine.2010;12(4):47-49.
Fatal electrocution by a support metal wire- a case report.
Kanchan T Shetty M Naik R Menezes RG, Sameer KS, Hasan F
Journal of Forensic Sciences. 2010; 55: 830-31.
Estimation of Age Using Chest Radiograph
2011-01-01 Tarun Agarwal
UG, 2011 4th Semester
Estimation Of Stature, Sex And Race From Foot And Shoe Dimensions
2005-01-01 Ashish Saraf
UG, 2005 4th Semester
Lateral Palm Print - A Newer Method Of Identification
2004-01-01 Manish Kumar
UG, 2004 4th Semester