Frequently asked questions about KMC Mangalore.
Yes, we have seats reserved for foreign students at KMC, Mangalore.
KMC focuses on providing in-depth medical knowledge to its students. The teaching methodologies used here incorporate classroom teaching, practical learning, industrial exposure and field visits.
Yes, the students of KMC are eligible for working outside India provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria set up by the concerned regulatory bodies.
Yes, the institute has tie-ups with a few overseas universities.
Generally, the students do their internship from Kasturba Hospital. However, they are eligible to do internship from any teaching hospital in India.
Yes, we encourage and help students to present their research papers in international conferences.
The hostels are within the campus premises.
The medium of instructions is English and thus the knowledge of local language is not necessary for practicing in hospitals. However, local language helps them interact with the patients and understand their problems in a better way.
No, there are no reservations of PG seats for students who’ve graduated from KMC. However, some weightage is given to such students at the time of counseling.
Yes, KMC provides full scholarship to the students who secure first 500 ranks in the entrance examination. Apart from KMC, scholarship are been offered by Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Mumbai to first 30 meritorious students of first MBBS and by Kadambi family to the students who excel in academics and sports.
KMC, Mangalore is the shining example of 1st Public-Private Partnership Model in Medical Education & Health care in the country, because of attachment of private medical college to government. hospitals the students are exposed to variety of clinical material which enriches their clinical skills.
- Mentored Undergraduate Research Projects.
- Funded Research projects from various funding agencies.
- Financial Assistance to present research papers at National/International Conferences.
- Student Exchange Program with International Medical Schools through partnership with GEMx (Global educational exchange in Medicine & Health Professions).
- GHLO & Universities in Netherland.
- KMC, Mangalore has a state-of-the-art Indoor fully Air-conditioned Sports Complex “MARENA”
- Students are encouraged to participate in Inter as well as Intra Collegiate Sports /Cultural & Literary events.