CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr Shrikala Baliga is Professor in the Department of Microbiology
- Deputy Director, Quality &Compliance, Mangalore Campus, MAHE
- Director, Kasturba Medical College Laboratory Services
- Teaching UGs and Training Postgraduate students (MD and PhD)
- Guide for UG/ MD/ PhD students
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Mangalore University||1994|
|MBBS( Bachelor of Medicine , Bachelor of Surgery)||Grant Medical College, Mumbai University||1989|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Professor||2010 - Till date|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Professor and Head of the Department||2010 to 30/09/2015|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Additional Professor||2009-2010|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||2000-2009|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||1995-2000|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Tutor||1991-1994|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Diagnostic Microbiology, Hospital Infections, Quality Assurance, Drug Resistance
Area of Expertise
Quality Assurance as per National Accreditation Board for Laborataries (Lead Assessor and Technical Assesor), Hospital infection control
Area of Research
Drug Resistance, Infectious Diseases, Hospital infection control,Mycobacteriology, One Health
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Director KMC Diagnostic Centre, 2003-2011.
- Member of RNTCP Committee, KMC Mangalore, 2010,
- Chairperson of Manipal Academy of Higher Education Board of Studies, 2013.
- Member of Board of studies for Pre and Para clinical courses for Allied Health Sciences MMMC
- Life member of Indian Association of Medical Microbiology.
- Life member of Indian Association of Medical Microbiology, Karnataka Chapter.
- Organizing Secretary for State Conference, January, 2013.
A prospective study on evaluation of antibiotic prescription practices in an intensive care unit of a tertiary care hospital.
Nasal carriage of MRSA in medical students.
2008-01-01 G A Menezes MA Khan Rohit Bansil Vidyalakshmi
Molecular characterization of antimicrobial resistance in non-typhoidal salmonellae associated with systemic manifestations from India .