CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Assisting the administration to implement Manipal Academy of Higher Education policies, rules and regulations.
- Organizing the departmental activities and administering the department efficiently.
- Helping orient the new staff appointed to the department and the students posted in the department.
- Active participation in organising CME and other departmental events.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|General surgery||Post graduates|
|General Surgery||7th 8th and 9th semesters|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||General Surgery||KMC, Mangalore||1988|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Professor||17/04/04 - till date|
|KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||10/06/94 to 16/04/04|
|KMC, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||10/06/89 to 09/06/94|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
1. Clinical diagnosis based medicine and studying surgical and signs and symptomatology. 2. Varicose veins and its surgical management 3. GI surgery 4. Diabetic foot management
Area of Research
Currently guiding a study about the prognosis of necrotising fasciitis based on the LRINEC score .
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
2. Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
3. Member of Association of Medical Consultants (AMC)
4. Member of Institutional Ethics Committee
5. Member of Hospital Mortality Committee
6. Member of Hospital Infection Control Committee