CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps in teaching and assessment activities of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Involved in guiding short term research ICMR and Manipal Academy of Higher Education projects for undergraduates.
- Guiding MSc research projects.
- Routine laboratory diagnostic reporting of clinical samples.
- Conducts CMEs, workshops and conferences.
- Conducts NABL internal audit of laboratory services.
- Quality management representative of the college diagnostic laboratory & State Reference Laboratory, since 2016.
- Member Secretary – Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) from 2009 – till date.
- Sports Coordinator – for KMC Mangalore, since 2017.
K Vishwas Saralaya teaches Microbiology.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2004|
|MSc (Master of Science)||Medical Microbiology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore University||1991|
|BSc (Bachelor of Science)||Canara College, Mangalore University||1988|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||2009|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Selection Grade Lecturer||2003-2009|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Senior Grade Lecturer||2000-2003|
|Department of Microbiology, KMC Mangalore||Lecturer||1992-2000|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Diagnostic Microbiology, Study of pathogenic mechanisms of micro-organisms
Area of Expertise
Detection of virulence factors of bacterial fungal pathogens
Area of Research
Opportunistic infections (bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections) in the immunocomromised
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- International award for best poster presentation at UAE International Dental Conference (AEEDC), Dubai, February, 2013.
- Life member of Indian Association of Medical Microbiology.
- Member Secretary of the Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC), 2009.
- Member of Board of Studies, Allied Health Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
1.Saralaya, S., Saralaya, V. & D’Souza, R. Cross-layer impact analysis and adaptation of hierarchical service-based applications. Service Oriented Computing and Applications. (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11761-019-00282-w
2.Sridevi Saralaya, Rio D’Souza & Vishwas Saralaya. Temporal impact analysis and adaptation for service-based systems. 2019. International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, Vol. 14(4): 403 – 426.
3.Sridevi Saralaya, Vishwas Saralaya & Rio D’Souza. A rule-based approach for multi-perspective adaptation of service-based systems. International Journal of Electronic Governance, 2019. Vol. 11(2):132 – 154
4.A Faraz, R Arathi, S Vishwas, N Srikanth, YM Karuna, BS Suprabha. In vitro evaluation of probiotic strains for lactic acid production. May 2019. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dentistry 11(5):340-5
5.Chougule, A. R., Shetty, N., Saralaya, V., & Kundabala, M. (2018). Evaluation of antimicrobial efficacy of triantibiotic paste, mixture of calcium hydroxide and omeprazole and carnosic acid as intracanal medicament against E. faecalis. World Journal of Dentistry, 9(5), 401-405.
6.Saralaya S., Saralaya V., D’Souza R. (2019) Compliance Management in Business Processes. In: Patnaik S., Yang XS., Tavana M., Popentiu-Vlădicescu F., Qiao F. (eds) Digital Business. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, Vol 21, Page No: 53-91. Springer, Nature, Cham.
7.Chakraborty A & Saralaya V. Molecular description of alpha-hemolysin producing Escherichia coli isolates from extraintestinal source. Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science, 2018, 8 (6): 79 - 82
8.S Saralaya, RG D'Souza, V Saralaya. An event-driven dynamic cross-layer business process compliance monitoring and analysis framework. International Journal of Business Information Systems, 2018; 29(3): 342-386
9.Harshitha J. Naik, A. Ebinesh, Shobha, K. Vishwas Saralaya. Isolation of Enterobacteriaceae and nonfermenting Gram-negative bacilli (NFGNB) from Dental Unit Water Lines (DUWL) in a tertiary care institutional setup. MicroMedicine 2018; 6 (2): 78-84
10.A Chakraborty, P Adhikari, S Shenoy, V Saralaya. Molecular characterization of uropathogenic Escherichia coli isolates at a tertiary care hospital in South India. Indian journal of medical microbiology, 2017; 35(2): 305
11.A Chakraborty, V Saralaya, P Adhikari, S Shenoy. Virulence property, phylogenetic background, and resistance pattern of Escherichia coli isolates from wound infections. CHRISMED Journal of Health and Research, 2017; 4(4): 248
12.Arindam Chakraborthy, Shalini Shenoy, Prabha Adhikari, Vishwas Saralaya, Satish Rao. Is diabetes mellitus an important risk factor for the antibiotic resistance in extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli? Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, Jan 2018, Vol 60(4):546-549.
13.Sridevi Saralaya, Rio D’Souza and Vishwas Saralaya. Managing Dependencies for a Hierarchical Service-based System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, July 2016, Vol 9(27): 1-11.
14.Arindam Chakraborty, Prabha Adhikari, Shalini Shenoy, Vishwas Saralaya. Virulence factor profiles, phylogenetic background, and antimicrobial resistance pattern of lactose fermenting and nonlactose fermenting Escherichia coli from extraintestinal sources. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology.2016; 59 (2): 180-184.
15.S Saralaya, R D'Souza, V Saralaya. Metrics for Monitoring a Hierarchical Service-Based System. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2016. 11 (6): 3897- 3904.
16.A Chakraborty, P Adhikari, S Shenoy, S Rao, B Dhanashree, V Saralaya. Molecular characterization and clinical significance of extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli recovered from a south Indian tertiary care hospital. Microbial pathogenesis, 2016. 95: 43-48.
1. ICMR – STS 2015; Reference ID 2015 – 01204: Invasive candidiasis: determination of etiology and antifungal susceptibility. Bhavishya Shetty III MBBS.
2.ICMR – STS 2016; Reference ID 2016 – 01408: Candiduria: determination of prevalence, etiology and antifungal susceptibility patterns. Darshan Swamy III MBBS.
3. ICMR – STS 2018; Reference ID: 2018 - 02740: Invasive candidiasis by non-albican candida species: predispositon, prevalance and antifungal susceptibility patterns. Mahima Gupta III MBBS.