CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Additional Professor of Pathology
Member of Quality Team, KMC, Mangalore
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Pathology||Second year MBBS Third, Fourth and Fifth semesters|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Pathology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2012|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2008|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Additional Professor||18/10/2021 - till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||Sep 2016 - 17/10/2021|
|Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal||Assistant Professor||Jun 2012 - Aug 2012|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||Aug 2012 - Aug 2016|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Gastrointestinal Pathology, Bone Pathology, Lymphoreticular Pathology
Area of Expertise
Gastrointestinal Pathology, Bone Pathology
Area of Research
Immunohistochemistry in Urothelial neoplasms, Chondroid neoplasms, Image analysis
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. Life member of Indian society of Hematology & Blood Transfusion
2. Life member of Indian Academy of Cytologists
3. Associate member of Indian Association of Pathologist & Microbiologist
4. Indian Medical Association
5. South Kanara Unit of Indian Association of Pathologists and Microbiologists
1. Suresh PK, Kini H, Minal J, Dhavalpure N, Basavaiah SH, Adiga DS, Maben L. The Significance of Glandular Cells on Conventional cervicovaginal Smears: Experience from a Tertiary Care Hospital in Coastal India. Acta Cytol. 2017;61(3):199-206.
2. Suresh PK, Kini JR, Basavaiah SH, Kini H, Khadilkar UN, Chakraborti S. Neoplastic Meningitis: A Study from a Tertiary Care Hospital from Coastal India..J Cytol. 2018 Oct-Dec;35(4):255-259.
3. Suresh PK, Poojary S, Basavaiah SH, Kini JR, Lobo FD, Sahu KK. Utility of fine-needle aspiration cytology in the diagnosis of HIV lymphadenopathy. Diagn Cytopathol. 2019 Oct;47(10):1011-1017. doi: 10.1002/dc.24255.
4. Abraham AE, Suresh PK, Sridevi HB, Sahu KK, Adiga D, Minal J, Rai S, Acharya V. Image-guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Intrathoracic Lesions. J Cytol. 2019 Apr-Jun;36(2):106-110.
5. Basavaiah SH, Lobo FD, Philipose CS, Pooja K. Suresh, Sreeram S, Kini H, Sahu KK, Prasad K. Clinicopathological spectrum of solitary Plasmacytoma: a single center experience from coastal India. BMC Cancer. 2019 Aug 14;19(1):801.
1. ICMR-STS granted project on ‘Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Lymph Nodes in HIV-Positive Cases’ done by Ms Shweta R Poojary, 2nd year MBBS student in the year 2013-14. 2. Manipal University granted project on ‘Diagnostic utility of Image guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Intra-thoracic Lesions’ done by Ms Annie Eliza, 3rd year MBBS student in the year 2014-15. 3. Manipal University granted project on ‘Triple negative breast carcinoma’ done by Ms Gowry Reddy, 2rd year MBBS student in the year 2015-16. 4. ICMR-STS granted project on ‘Preoperative neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio prognostic role in patients with oesophageal cancer’ done by Ms Urbee Gupta, 2nd year MBBS student in the year 2015-2016. 5. ICMR-STS granted project on ‘Immunohistochemical expression of p16 in urothelial tumors’ done by Ms Sanjana Sachdeva, 3rd year MBBS student in the year 2017-18.