Dr. Preethi Jnaneshwara Shenoy
Department of Pharmacology
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Preethi J Shenoy teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students
She is a member of the Medical Education Unit since March 2015. She is also a part of the Quality and compliance cell and a member of the Internal Quality assurance cell (NAAC)
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|MBBS||Third, fourth and fifth semesters|
|BPT and other Allied Health Sciences||Second year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine)||Pharmacology||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||2007|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore||2000|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Pharmacology, KMC Mangalore||Additional Professor||19/10/2021 - till date|
|Department of Pharmacology, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||2011 - 2021|
|Department of Pharmacology, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2007 to 2011|
|Department of Pharmacology, KMC Mangalore||PG cum Tutor||2004 to 2007|
1) Prescribing patterns of antihypertensive drugs in a South Indian tertiary care hospital: A retrospective, cross sectional study in the in-patient wards
2) Diuretic activity of aqueous extract of Asteracantha longifolia in normal rats.
3) A Comparative study of quality of life in multiple myeloma patients treated with Melphalan-Prednisolone combination versus Thalidomide-Dexamethasone chemotherapy.
4) Comparative study of student performances in multiple choice questions versus theory papers of Pharmacology formative examinations with focus on gender differences.
5) Didactic lecture and small group teaching: A Comparative study among undergraduate students of Dental surgery.
6) Correlation of student performances in Pharmacology Formative and Summative examinations.
7) An evaluation of diuretic activity of Morinda citrifolia (linn) (noni) fruit juice in normal rats.
8) Evaluation of hypolipidemic effect of Lycium barbarum Linn (goji berry) in rats
9) An evaluation of nephroprotective effect of ursolic acid in a murine model of gentamicin-induced renal damage-An ICMR project.
10) Evaluation of antiepileptic activity of vanillin in rodent models.
11) Evaluation of nephroprotective potential of Ocimum sanctum, noni fruit extract, Shilajit and Camellia sinensis in a murine model of gentamicin-induced renotoxicity.
12) Medical students’ perception of their educational environment.
13) Neuromodulatory effects of aqueous extract of Acorus calamus on restraint stress in male rats.
14) Evaluation of diuretic effect of Lycium barbarum Linn (Goji berry) in rats
15) Evaluation of diuretic effect of vanillin in normal Wistar albino rats
16) Evaluation of diuretic effect of Ocimum sanctum in rats.
17) Evaluation of Anxiolytic Activity of Mucuna pruriens in Wistar Albino Rats
18) Diuretic activity of Costus pictus leaves in normal Wistar albino rats.
19) Hepatoprotective activity of Shilajit in isoniazid and rifampicin induced hepatotoxicity
20) Item analysis of MCQ in Pharmacology
21) A learner Centered approach of Teaching and Learning in Pharmacology: A Questionnaire based analysis of student cognizance and experiences
Research collaborations: With NITK Suratkal for the following projects:
1) Synthesis and Characterization of Polysialic Acid–Uricase Conjugates for the Treatment of Hyperuricemia Student: Ms. Ardra
2) Characterization and immunological evaluation of site-specific PEGylated uricase from Bacillus fastidious : Student: Ms. Pooja Nanda
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Medical Education, Student assessment, validation, innovative teaching methods
Area of Expertise
Pre-clinical studies in evaluating efficacy of potential drugs for their diuretic action, Hepatoprotective/Reno protective effects, Analgesic and Antiepileptic actions OSPE Validation process
Area of Research
Prescription pattern monitoring and other Pharmaco epidemiological research, Evaluating potential drugs for diuretic action, Hepatoprotective/Reno protective effects, Analgesic and Antiepileptic actions
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- FAIMER fellow from PSG FRI, Coimbatore pursued during 2013-2015.
- Life Member of the Indian Pharmacological Society, 2008
- Member of Quality and compliance cell, Kasturba Medical College, representing Department of Pharmacology, KMC, Mangalore since November 24, 2012
- Member of the Core Committee of Integrated Management System, initiated by Manipal Academy of Higher Education since July 5, 2013